Quiet morning....


15th July 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.00     The beach was peaceful this morning;
Tranquil morning.
  well it was until a raft of Merganser came along,  feeding on a shoal of sand eels they had driven into the edge of the tide.    Of course this attracted the Black Headed gulls, and even a Heron had a snack as the panicking sand eels tangled up with his legs.    A feeding frenzy on the edge of our beach?....   we don’t see that very often.   It all ended when the sand eels, or what was left of them, escaped among the rocks.   The beach then reverted to normality, with dog walkers and joggers enjoying the morning air.
  
It is cloudier this morning, but pleasantly warm;  a nice day for slow ramble.   I might fill a flask of coffee and go up to Chapel Green later.


Happy dog.
16.30      It is warm ... and humid;   I gave up on working outside after dead heading a few roses.   What did I do instead of ‘work’? .... watched Stage 9 of the Tour de France.    The Final of the World Cup is now on the tele so I’ll watch that while my dinner (leg of lamb) is in the oven.    Actually I’m missing the camaraderie of the coach tour last week:  it was exciting being in a coach full of like minded holiday makers.  I loved the whole week.... now I’m lonely:  so I’m going to have a cuppa and watch the football.


19.30     The football final was well worth watching.    Croatia entertained us with bonnie football, and two goals, .... France scored four goals ...  one a Croatian ‘own goal’, two bonnie goals and one from an ‘iffy’ penalty, .... over the whole game they were less entertaining, but being in the lead most of the time they didn't have to 'entertain.... and it’s the team that puts the ball in the net most times that wins.
The weather has been humid this afternoon, which had me feeling sluggish;  and there has been a thunderstorm along the Lammermuirs.   We might catch the a shower
Westward from the Cockstail rocks.
overnight, so I’m not going to water the roses.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is  ‘good’ .... much the same as today but it is going to turn cooler by the middle of the week.    My ‘plan’ for tomorrow? ..... get ‘up’ early bumble to the beach, then do some gardening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....