Fayre Day .... .....


21st July 2018 (Saturday) .... 08.30   There are four cruise ships moored
Elizabeth, Andrew and Gareth man the CA bookstall. 
up at the various anchorages and ports near ‘Three Bridges’ this morning: “Sea Cloud” (sailing vessel), Royal Princess, Celebrity Eclipse, and Balmoral.    It’s a pity, for the tourists on board the vessels, that the weather is overcast, with the threat of light rain (Scotch Mist).... but it will brighten up later.    I’ve been out on the bike, just to Chapel Green, and though overcast is isn’t cold...and .... is forecast to be warm/hot once the sun does break through.


21.30    This has been another another hard day on the 'Tour';   never mind it finishes next Sunday (29th) so everything will be back to normal after that.    There have been five cruise ships in the Firth today, “Viking Sea” making a later appearance on the ‘Marine Traffic’ site.    The “Royal Princess” is the largest of the five, the windjammer “Sea Cloud II”, being the smallest.

Late evening from Nana's Seat.
I’ve had a quiet day.... actually I haven’t;   I ran the gauntlet of biking home from Elie at the busy time.    Luckily I’d had a coffee in Harbour House to fire me up for this;  that said, I was a complete ‘bag o’ nerves’ when I got back to Ivy, and had to have another co .... no I couldn’t call what I make coffee.    I had mug of coffee tasting liquid when I got back to Ivy!

“Sea Cloud II” (the windjammer) is sailing for Dundee this evening;   I’d like to get a photograph of ‘her’ but she’ll most likely be going out on the deep channel, which is on the south side of the Firth... and be using her engine.    I’ll have a look about 21.00 to see where she is.    “Balmoral” has already left the Firth, soon to be followed by “Viking Sea”, then, finally,  “Royal Princess” and “Sea Cloud II”.  

I did go to the beach and saw “Sea Cloud II” in the distance... and have her
"Sea Cloud II" is in the middle on the horizon.
in a photo, but only in the distant background.    Royal Princess was coming up to the Bass Rock and I did get a reasonable photograph of ‘her’;  but the light was not good.    However ‘she’ is on my records.... as is “Sea Cloud II”.

According to the weather forecast we’re to have a ‘breezy with sunny spells and warm’ day tomorrow.    I plan to have a day pottering around the garden .... and watching the ‘Tour’ in between times. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....