Maggie's Birthday ....


5th July 2018 (Thursday) .... 09.00.    “Happy Birthday” to “The Boss”;   who would have been 77...oops 27 today.   It’s nigh on 9 years since Maggie
'Harbour House' Cafe.
died:   I am thankful for the time we did have together, and the fact that she is ‘with me’ still;  keeping me right.   That reminds me;  I’d better do some ‘ooverin and dustin’ before I go up to Chapel Green in the afternoon, with a flask of coffee and a goodie.
We have a nice morning though it is cloudier... the wind is from the West, so we might get a shower later.  Actually I had an unintentional, but good ‘sleep in’ this morning,  and I feel the better for it.   In fact I’m feeling lively.   Oh ... there's burst water main at St Minnins which is why the water pressure is so low. 
   
12.30     Dearie me .... the weather is gorgeous;    but.... and this is a big but... there’s nae water tae make coffee this morning:   due to the aforementioned burst water main.    Not being able to have a shower is acceptable .... but nae coffee;  that’s a catastrophe.     In the end I had a tin of Irn Brew, at the ‘Pav’.... then burped my way back home.    I went to the Pavilion hoping to meet the History Society but that would be cancelled due to the lack of water.    In point of fact the water pressure appears to
Mike and pals on the 18th fairway.
be increasing so it could be back ‘on’ soon.    Luckily I had a full kettle so have been able to make tea.



17.00    The water was back to normal pressure about 13.00 .... albeit fizzy, so I was able to make a flask of coffee and go up to Chapel Green to have a ‘party’ with ‘The Boss’.    Well ... it would have been a ‘party’ if I’d remembered to take the ‘goodies’ I bought in Barnett’s this morning:  however I forgot them, so it was a mug of coffee, and much reminiscing.    It was a bonnie day for sitting at Chapel Green, but cool because the wind was brisk, and form the East.
Graham turned up, to water the Chapel Green flower tubs, and he told me that the Pavilion coffee isn’t until next week;  so I’ll miss that because we’ll be in Cornwall.    Beverley (from the USA)is having coffee in the Pavilion with members of the History
The new interpretation boards are popular.
Society.


21.00    Wellll ... it has been a nice day,  and I have been busy:  mostly ‘playing’.    Especial days like this are always tinged with sadness, but I have enjoyed Maggie’s birthday.   The weather has been grand, and it looks like continuing this way for the next week or so.    Myra, Jim and I will be down in Cornwall next week, where the weather forecast is not that much different from Fife.

No plan for tomorrow;  apart from closing the holiday luggage... a small case and holdall.    And having coffee in Harbour House.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....