Overcast and damp ...


20th July 2018 (Friday) .... 08.30    The Fife weather cams are ‘overcast’, and we do have light rain here, so the this morning’s weather is as per forecast:   “overcast with light
Elie's equivalent of the Ring of Brodgar? (Orkney)
rain”.    It should clear begin to clear away by midday;   whether we'll become 'bright and sunny ' is doubtful.     That said the rain we have had so far has hardly wet the slates.;  in fact it’s not wet enough  to be declared a “bad hair day!”    I’ll go for a walk after breakfast, assuming the rain stays ‘very light’.

 When on the coach trip last week two ladies (mother and daughter) joined us at Dunfermline.   I fell ‘in love’ with “Elizabeth” (mother) who is slightly older than I am.   They talk about ships that pass in the night:  I do miss the whole camaraderie of the coach, but, I’m especially missing Elizabeth!   Not that Elizabeth will be missing me... but at my age it’s nice feeling this way.

The Ferry beach drying out after the rain.
09.30     It is now a “bad hair day” ... and going out has been postponed:  it’s raining!   And the slates are wet .... very wet.


19.00    The rain abated, and I did go for a walk;  well actually it was a series of short walks with plenty of stops to rest this knee.    Anyway I eventually reached the Harbour House where I had a very welcome cup of coffee, and blether, with the ‘Troops’.    With the tide being out I was able to walk home via the beach and the path through the bents.   This knee is definitely more painful than the right one was before I had it replaced.    Hopefully the left one will be replaced in the not too distant future:  in the meantime I’ll bumble along with the walking stick.   The sky brightened up as the evening wore on, and it is forecast to “cloudy with the slight chance of light showers, and some sunny spells later”.    I should get the bike out.   

The ‘Tour’ was easier today so I am not as shattered as I am when on mountain roads.    I saw the
Myra and 'The Boy' at Newquay.  (Photo by Jim)
beginning of today’s stage, a wee bit in the middle, and the last hour.   Stage 14 (tomorrow) is hilly (not mountain stuff) and should have an exciting finish:  I’m beginning to feel a weakness coming on at the thought of all this effort.    And I’m only watching the race!

No ‘plan’ for tomorrow ... apart from extricating myself early from the Royal Burrow;   and, eventually, biking along for the paper and a morning coffee.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....