Cold east wind ....


..... and I was thinkin' it was cauld!
2nd July 2018 (Monday) .... 08.00    The beach is not the warmest place this morning;  there’s a brisk  (and cold), east wind, bringing in a noticeable drop in the temperature.    It is bright and sunny, but there’s a fog bank out in the Firth that looks like it could edge its way in,.... though, hopefully, the sun will burn that back.  It’s the wind chill that’s the problem just now:  but it is forecast to become warmer again on Wednesday, and be hot by the end of the week.


20.00     I’ve been busy sorting out my vital needs for our holiday in Cornwall.     Mostly it will be camera, laptop, phone.... and the relevant chargers.    Oh .... some clothes, a tube of toothpaste, a toothbrush;  and pyjamas.   Yep that’s it sorted.    Actually I’ll type out a list of the things I need , so that I don’t forget anything.

Brave lady going for a swim!
This has been a lazy day;  no .... let’s call it a ‘resting my knee’ day.     The World Cup football has reached the interesting stage now, so I have been watching that .... and ironing clothes to pack in the case.    So far I’ve ironed  boxer shorts, drank copious amounts of tea, and watched two football games;  and had a potter around the Garden.    The temperature reached 17c this afternoon in Ivy garden, and it is sheltered from the ferocious east wind,  so it must have felt cold on the beach.    The wind isn’t really ferocious... I just wanted to use the word ‘cos it came into my mind.   You all know that I am not overly keen on east winds, and today done nothing to change my mind.   If the wind moderates I might go down to the beach later in the evening.

Myra dropped by with the travel details of out Cornwall trip.    The coach seats are numbered in sequence so we are sitting near each other.    All the hotels we will be
Remains of medieval sand castle?
staying at have swimming pools....  which, sadly, I won’t be able to use....  with four nights in Newquay.    The weather forecast for the TR7 postcode is for the temperatures to be more or less the same as we have in the East Neuk, with an easterly wind.... and not much in the way of rain.

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow.... the weather forecast is much the same as today’s....  with less wind, and therefore warmer.    It hasn’t been pleasant today... it was cool...  even in Ivy garden.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....