Feeling very frolicsome ....


1st July 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.30    The ‘Centre of the Universe’ is bathed in
Picnic on the Green.
warm sunshine... and the sky is ‘wall to wall’ bloo.    There is cool breeze from the east, which is not a bad thing because the temperature is forecast to get up to around 22c.    The good news is that my voice is in grand fettle;   so, I’m going to reclaim ‘my gallery’ at the church.     I was practicing in the shower (giving Nicky Tams laldie) and I’m happy to announce that my singing voice is as bad as it has ever been.     Yes ... I am ready for ‘today’.     Oh .... my auld  ... er .... not as young as they used to be bones have recovered from the overworking they got the other day.    I won’t be doing that (overworking dem bones) again!    That said I am biking up to the kirk so ‘dem bones’ might not be too happy tonight. Off to get myself some breakfast:   I slept ‘in’ this morning. 

 
Oh ... There is absolutely no connection between my going to the kirk, .... and the picnic on the Toll Green after the Church Service.
   
A few of the Kinneuchar/Colinsburgh contingent.
17.30     This boy(?) has had an enjoyable day.     For a start the weather has been perfect.... ‘bright and sunny’ with a cool breeze.    It was 23 in Ivy garden this afternoon.... but it is sheltered.     The Church Service was excellent, and, having ‘my’ gallery  to myself, I was able to give the hymns ‘laldie’.    A couple of them (the hymns) were of the ‘laldie’ kind;  in fact one was to the tune of ‘Rowan Tree’. ... a favourite Scottish waltz tune of Maggie’s.    After the Service I had to attend the ‘picnic’ on the Toll Green:  it would have been naughty to let the girls down.  The girls depend on the ‘boys’ scoffing all the grub that they, the lovely girls, produce.... and serve.   The picnic was well attended and everyone had a good time, on a day made for picnicking.   I took a few, general, photographs.    I did not enjoy biking back home;   too many cars, and some of them didn’t appear to notice me on the bike.    It’s that season again.    Having said .... that most of the car drivers are considerate.


20.00     The first of July has been a real summer’s day;  okay ... there has been that
Group of motorcyclist passing through Elie.
cool onshore easterly, but we are used to that and dress accordingly.    Tomorrow is forecast to be much the same .... only cooler.    I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow:  only that I must get up early and have a walk on ‘my’ beach.    I haven’t been down there at all today:   too many strangers about for this shy boy.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....