Fresh morning ....


28th July 2018 (Saturday) ... 09.30.    Last night’s rain, (and thunder) has
Nice morning after last night's thunder... and rain.
left us with a nice fresh, morning;   a bonnie morning for a walk along the beach.     This I know because I’m just in from a walk along the beach .... and I wasn’t alone.    Loads of dogs, taking their owners out, for an early morning breath of fresh air.... and a few joggers.
The wind is off the East, and the sky looks like it could give us some more rain .... minus the rolls of thunder.    I don’t want rain because I’m hoping to bike up for the paper,....  and  morning coffee.    Actually, I’d better have breakfast .... ‘Puku’ is feeling neglected.


Ferry boundary marker.
19.30     We’ve had a lovely, if breezy, afternoon and evening.    The morning, and early part of afternoon, was spoiled by some periods of rain;   this prevented me getting the bike out and having coffee in Harbour House.    And I didn’t get a paper!    However I did do some work on the computer .... and watched Stage 20 of the ‘Tour’ in between times.      Stage 20 is the ‘individual time trial’ stage, and not really that exciting until the top riders go out.... they are last out.   The riders go out at two minute intervals.    You will all be pleased to know that the race ends in Paris tomorrow!    

The weather for the next few days is a mix of  sunshine and showers with a brisk breeze.    This means that I won’t need to water the roses.    I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow... other than bike round the villages, assuming the weather is reasonable,.... and it’s not too windy.    Oh... and watch Stage 21 of the 'Tour':  Geraint Thomas, as the ‘yellow jersey’ is not challenged on the
Breezy afternoon.
last stage.... so, barring accidents, will win.    Dearie me .... I nearly forgot;  the ‘Spanish Tour’ ... “La Vuelta 2018” is takes place from August 25th through to September 16th.    And ... everyone will be glad to know that the whole race is on Channel 24!   It’s just like the Tour de France .... with different scenery.


Because we had a ‘half gale’ in the afternoon, I went down to the beach;  and, my word, it was busy.    In fact the whole village of Earlsferry is busy .... choc-a –bloc would be  a good description.    I’ll get the bike out tomorrow morning and circumnavigate both villages to see if they are,
in fact, .... busy.   Going by the number of vehicles going down Ferry Road, they, the villages are busy.     It was braw seeing families enjoying the beach:  reminded me of the 60’s and 70’s when our ‘troops’ were ‘tiny boys’.

  The weather for the next few days is a mix of  sunshine and showers with a brisk breeze.    This means that I won’t need to water the roses.    I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow... other than bike round the villages.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....