Cracker of a morning ....


22nd July 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.30    It’s beautiful, ‘bright and breezy’ morning;   a grand morning for doing things.    I’m well ready for breakfast after my
It is a nice morning for a walk.
morning walk to Chapel Green;  it’s taking me longer to do this walk.    I’ll need to take a flask o’ coffee with me in future:  for some reason, the coffee I make tastes reasonable from a flask.     I tangled up with some kind of ill natured wee dog at Chapel Green;  jings it made a lot of noise.    It must have woken up its owner who was sleeping(?) in a tent  nearby.    At one point I think that it thought about nipping my heels.    (Not its best idea).   After snapping and yelping its way behind me for about 50 metres it eventually gave up:  it had done its job I guess.    Defended its owners property.
The walk along the beach was pleasurable, with  loads of people out walking, with and without dogs:   one couple doing callisthenics ... that was different.   Yes it’s a bonnie morning for doing stuff.

5th green.

21.30     You’ll hardly believe it;   I actually did some ‘stuff’ in the garden..... I dead headed, and watered the roses.   Thankfully tomorrow is a rest day on the ‘Tour’ so I’ll be able to do more ‘stuff’ tomorrow.... the weather forecast is excellent;   in fact I might get the bike out before breakfast.   Now that would be really doin’ stuff.
As we all know, those of us that live at the Centre of the Universe, where we live is the ‘other side of the hill’;   i.e. “where the grass is always greenest”.    However,  with this long dry spell the grass has turned various shades of ivory, through to brown, much earlier than it normally would:  apart from the golf course greens etc.    Of course, with this being the ‘other side of the hill’ our grass, although no longer green, is a classier shade of burnt!
Kincraig cliffs - Earlsferry.

“Celebrity Eclipse” is the only cruise liner in the Firth today;  her next stop is Dover, arriving early on the 24th.    She is a big girl and will be easily seen if she leaves tonight;  even in the dark...  when she’ll look like a Christmas tree.   That reminds me ....  only 153 days until Christmas!

I’ll go and watch the end of the ‘Open’ now ....  congratulations to Francesco Molinari (Italy) who won the claret jug, on what was, by all accounts, an exciting day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....