Feeling one degree under .....


29th July 2018 (Sunday) .... 08.30    There’s a noticeable drop in the temperature this morning;  the woollie hat and fleece had to be donned for the early
The 'Royal Burgh' bathed in early morning  sunlight.
morning walk.     I went up to the Pony Field for a change of scene.   It was ‘sunny and warmish’ when  first went out;  by the time I was back in Ivy the sun was behind a  bank of cloud .... the weather forecast is for rain to move in from the south by mid morning.    Actually, I’m lying low today .... I feel as if I have a cold coming on.    It’s a fine day for working on the computer, and watching the end of ‘le Tour’.     Oh, I've just noticed  .... it's raining!  


20.30     Wellll .... this has been a lazy .... no ... restful day for ‘the Boy’:   all I’ve done, apart from my morning walk, is work on photographs, had a long siesta, and watch the last Stage of the ‘Tour.    After ‘lunch’ I fell asleep for nigh on two hours ..... and I felt better for it:  in fact I’d say that I now feel better than I have done for a few days.
The weather has been ‘iffy’ most of the day.... with spells of rain in the morning, but we did have a drier and brighter afternoon;   in fact we could have had a long ‘sunny spell’ when I was asleep!    Not the best of holiday weather.... which is a pity, because
A bit of The Royal Burgh ... and a bit of Williamsburgh.
the village is full of holiday makers.  

The ‘Tour’ is finished, so I can now R & R until the 25th August, when the ‘Vuelta a Espana’  begins.    We only get the highlights, of the individual stages of the ‘Vuelta’, in the evening.   Still that will be enough to tire me out.    I’m sure that you will be looking forward to this race as much as you did ‘le Tour’; so I will do my best to keep everyone up to date!    Might as well start now .... the winner of the Tour de France dons a Yellow jersey;  the winner of the Vuelta a Espana dons a Red jersey.... and finally the winner of the Giro d’ Italia dons a Pink jersey.    They (the winners) get to keep the jerseys.     And there is prize money.     Geraint Thomas got €500,000 Euros (there’s nae euro symbol on this keyboard.... oh yes there is... Ctrl+Alt+e) for his win today.    Which is poor
Earlsferry Thistle 'boy's on the 1st tee.
compared to what some footballers get.    Imagine.... I nearly forgot to mention the Giro d' Italia.

It’s a grey evening, but not wet.    I’ll not bother going down to the beach;  instead I’m going to have a ‘toddie’ and an early night in bed with my book.    The weather forecast is better for tomorrow... but not excitable.     The ‘plan’ is for me to feel ‘excitable’ tomorrow.... and do things. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....