Lunar eclipse tonight .....


27th July 2018 (Friday) ..... 08.30 .... my word... this has the makings of a
Chapel Green... from The Terrace, Elie.
hot day.... there’s nae wind, few clouds, and it’s warm already;   that said we should take advantage of this .... the weather is due to change later today, (tomorrow is going to be wet) .... with thundery downpours.    The weeds .... er .. native flowers need the rain.   There’s a  lunar eclipse tonight;   the moon rises, in the south east at 21.24, by which time it will be totally eclipsed by the earth’s shadow.     Whether we see it depends on the weather.... and the forecast is not great for us at that time of the evening.   It could be cloudy.
I haven’t been anywhere yet;  only pottering about in the garden.    The beach will be busy later, so I’d better have a quick wander down there after breakfast.


Elie.
20.30     It has been warm hot;  26c in Ivy garden, and the wind, from the Southeast, felt hot.    This has not been a good afternoon for ‘the boy’ .... far too hot.      That said, it was brilliant for the folk here on holiday,..... the beach would have been busy.     Me? ..... I watched the ‘Tour’ most of the afternoon, and drank copious amounts of tea.    I never did get down to the beach.     I may go down at ‘eclipse’ time.... assuming the moon will be visible as it rises, and not hidden by low cloud.    It has turned cloudier, and cooler over the evening;  but so far no rain.    There has been thunderstorms moving up the East coast of England, but by the time they’ve reached out latitude they’ve been out at sea off Crail;  then coming ashore at Aberdeen, and points north;   including Ellon.    And I am counting on rain to water the garden.... and that should happen overnight into tomorrow.    I’m thinking that our chances of seeing the moonrise (at 21.34), are diminishing fast.

I may not have been to the beach but I did bike along for the paper;  and up to the car
Elie lighthouse.
to pick up a batch of notes.    Oh .... the car is ‘moored up’ at the West end of the Ferry High Street, hence biking up to it.    It’s there until Tuesday .... at least.    When I’m on the subject of cars:  where are all the cars that are coming into the Ferry going?    I didn’t see any ‘spare’ parking places this morning, and there’s been cars coming down Ferry Road and going up the High Street all afternoon.    Of course they could be the cars looking for a parking spot.    And there’s been the usual mobile homes looking for Elie caravan park.    I have to tell them there isn’t a caravan site in Elie and send them to Woodhaven.    I might be pedantic, but I am geographically accurate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....