Fresh after overnight rain .....


24th July 2018 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    there’s been a decent amount of rain overnight, but we really need a deluge (or three) because the ground is parched.
Elie this morning.
    That, the deluge, might happen on Friday/Saturday.    Right now we have a ‘bright, breezy and fresh, morning’ ... definitely a morning for being active:   I’ll bike up for the paper at ‘morning coffee time’.... until then I’ll mess about with the computer room window. 


19.00    I enjoyed my coffee break in Harbour House this morning, in fact I was badly in need of it because the bike journey was hazardous.    The run home on the bike was even more hazardous, so I’m thinking biking will have to be done early in the morning .... before the cars are on the move.    Most of the drivers are considerate, but it only takes one to make what should be a routine, and safe, journey, into something else.    That said, even cycling on roads closed to traffic can be dangerous as happened on the le Tour this afternoon.   “Yates was leading by about 300 plus metres on the last, long, and fast, part of Stage 16, when his front wheel skidded on a bend, and, there he was, sliding and slithering along the road .... this
Elie High Street.
happened when he was doing about 40 kilometres per hour.    He got up, his bike wasn’t damaged, and finished the Stage in third place.    He will be sore tonight.     Today’s Stage was hard.... but tomorrow’s is even harder.    Oh dear .... I’m feeling tired already.


I don’t sit and watch le Tour the whole time;   I leave it on the tele and watch it now and again.    Today, in between times, I fixed my washing line.     It started ‘life’ as a three armed ‘birly’ thing about thirty years ago;  it is now a two armed ‘birly’ thing:  I think.    I know it has two arms ..... but I’m not sure if it birls any more.  
  
It has been another bonnie day;  in fact it was too hot for me in the early part of the
 Jimmy's salmon nets on West Bay.
afternoon .... and it is forecast to get warmer tomorrow and Thursday.    Not as warm as the South East where the temperatures are to be in the high 20’s and low 30’s.  Thinking about being hot;  It was 30c the day we were in St Ives (Cornwall) a couple of weeks ago.    Jings that was hot;   Jim and I were fair ‘wabbit’ by the time we got back to the coach.    Myra was buzzin’ around nae bother.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....