Frisky boy ....


17th July 2018 (Tuesday) .... 07.30 It was cool when I did the ‘roond the
The Ferry beach at 05.44 ..... apart from the litter, very relaxing!
Chapel Green’ walk this morning, but at that time, 05.30, there was little heat from the sun;  and, ... it was behind clouds.
   Having said that, it was a bonnie fresh feeling air, and I enjoyed my walk.    Two cruise liners were in the Firth... the ‘Viking Star’, making for Rosyth, and the ‘Queen Elizabeth’ for Newhaven anchorage.     They were too distant to get a decent photograph, but I might catch them leaving the Firth this evening.


19.00     Oh my word .... the Tour de France disnae half take it oot o’ me:  I’m shattered.    There was a lot of climbing today;  it’s amazing, .... the  cyclists climb the hill faster than me coming down.    No wonder I’m tired.    I also dug out some weeds.... pendulous sedge.     I must have picked up the seeds, on my shoes, when I was
Evening time.
walking round Balcarres pond;   that’s the only place I’ve seen pendulous sedge.
It has been slightly cooler today, but a bonnie enough, and warm, day .... after the clouds shifted.    I thought about going out in the car but was diverted into working on the garden.    I can do some things in the garden, even with a painful knee, but need a lot of ‘breaks’ to rest it (the knee), during which times I do Soduko’s.     Gardening is a long, and slow, process.     The weeds are winning!    I have to make an appointment to  with Dr Marsden re the next treatment;  (hopefully) a cortisone injection into the joint.    Cortisone gives short term relief;   total replacement is the long term‘cure’.
      

21.30    The beach was busy this evening when I went down to photograph the ‘Queen Elizabeth’ leaving the Firth:  she is travelling overnight to Invergordon.   It’s braw down on the beach at evening time just now .... loads o’ people to talk too.   Chrissie had a dog she’s ‘dog sitting’ out for a walk so we caught up with the local ‘news’.     Then one of my neighbours appeared and we chatted about the ‘Queen Elizabeth’.
Cunard cruise liner 'Queen Elizabeth' leaving the Firth.
    Talking fair cheers this ‘auld boy’ up.    It’s good when the village is ‘alive’.
Tomorrow I intend to continue with the garden;  there’s much to do, and for some reason;  a reason that I can’t understand .... I have the urge to do it.   It’s a slow job but I’m enjoying it.    It’s Stage 11 of the Tour tomorrow afternoon so I watch that at regular ‘rest’ intervals.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....