Feeling contented ....


19th July 2018 (Thursday) .... 08.30   From the seat in front of St Margaret’s, I could see a group of people fishing off the lighthouse rock.    This brought
'This morning' - from John and Jenny's seat.
back happy memories of when I did that, at ‘The Flairs’, ....  Kincraig cliffs.    Fishing off rocks requires infinite patience, but is very relaxing.     You haven’t had anything nibbling at the bait for two hours, .... but you might get one in the next ten seconds!   Yet ... on a morning like this just being out there, even if you don’t catch any fish;  you will have had a  barrow load of relaxation.    And you can buy a fish supper on the way home.
We have a lovely morning, but it looks like it may have been the best part of ‘the day’;   the sky is beginning to cloud over from the West.   Not with heavy cloud  as yet, just the front edge of what we’re going to have tomorrow .... rain.    We should have a bonnie day for most of 'today'.


'This morning' from Nana's seat.
20.00     We’ve had a bonnie, ‘sunny and warm’ day;  a lovely day for the beach.    I got the bike out to go to Elie;   I got the paper, but Harbour House was busy so I had to make my own coffee back at Ivy.    My coffee is not pleasant on the taste buds, but it has me buzzin’.    Not that I ‘buzzed’ anywhere;   I was feeling sluggish by this time:  and the ‘Tour’ was on the tele from 11.00 and I wanted to watch that .... intermittently;  it was another King of the Mountains stage:   grueling for the competitors.... and for me watching!     Yep ... I’m shattered ... again!.... and there’s still another week and a half to go!   Stage 13 (tomorrow), 165 kilometers, is over flat terrain so should be faster and less strenuous!    George came along in the afternoon for a cuppa and a blether:   we watched the ‘Tour’ in the background .... with the sound ‘off’.   George will be shattered too!

‘The Open’ Championship is on BBC2 tonight from 20.00 this evening:   I don’t know
Elie harbour at 10.30.
if I should watch that.... I’ve become aware of my trouser waists shrinking when I watch too much tele.
Friday morning is forecast to be wet, but right now the sky looks like it’s never going to rain again;   we had a lovely evening.   In fact I’d say that it has been a ‘romantic’ kind of evening.
What am I going to do tomorrow?    Well, I guess it depends on how heavy the rain is .... if it’s raining i.e.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....