2,524,608,000 seconds old today ....


23rd March 2018 (Friday) ... 08.30    “Happy Birthday” to my friend Joe in Sunny Sussex.    Sometime today, Joe, and  also ‘This Boy’, will be two
'Birthday boy' cards etc.
billion, five hundred and twenty four, six hundred and eight thousand, seconds old (2,524,608000);  this calculation includes 20 leaps days.    Therein is a clue as to how old... er ... nearly old Joe, and ‘The Boy’ will be.   Jings, even at this age I am excited;    I’m about to  open ‘birthday’ cards, and a parcel. 
  
The sky is beginning to break up after overnight rain;  it looks like the sun will break through by 10.30.    10.30 is a crucial time this morning;   that’s when Irene, and the girls tee off!

09.30      We have sunshine ... and it’s warm.

11.30    I’m just this minute in from a run up to the ‘Fudge Burger’ factory.   The intention was to have coffee and a goodie in the Cafe, but it was full.... so I bought two
All that remains of the medieval Chapel/Hospital on Chapel Green, Earlsferry.
Fudge Burgers, and came home, via Ceres.    The rain hadn’t cleared away in the Cupar area, so I didn’t go for a walk:   in fact there are heavy showers creeping around, one of which I drove through,  on the way home.    The ‘plan’ is to get the bike out in the afternoon. 

  
One of my presents, from Emily and John, is a Secret Stash container;   full, well it was full, of Em’s homemade tablet.   I see a problem with this container:  it has the words “Secret Stash” printed on the side.    When ‘JB’ spots that he’ll promptly think .... “Hmmmm ... I’d better have a peek”.... and be in there faster than I was this morning;   and  that was FAST!    Thank you Em and John;  and "thank you" to everyone who gave me presents and cards;   I feel very 'loved’ today.    I’m enjoying my birthday.   Orf to get the bike out..... if it isn't too windy.


20.00      Birthdays are fun right enough;   and this ‘new’ 80 year old has enjoyed
Sunset time on the Ferry beach.
himself.    I never got the bike out;  it was too windy, but I did walk up to the Boss’ seat, via the beach;   I had to share the excitement with ‘The Boss’:  I did some housework when I got back to Ivy.

Iain, Jackie, Hazel and Catriona are coming down tomorrow, and we’re going to a National Trust  venue.... either Kellie Castle, Falkland Palace, or Hill of Tarvit.    Hopefully one of those will be ‘open’.    The weather forecast is good ... mostly ‘bright and breezy’, though there could be the chance of a shower later in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....