Winter ....


18th March 2018 (Sunday) .... 08.00     It’s blowin’ a blizzard just now.... only a prolonged shower, but it’s definitely wintry, and not a morning for going any
Oh dear .... winter weather.
place.     I ventured as far as the High Street, about 30 metres, to ‘take’ a few photos;   but it’s not for walking on.     I might get as far as the beach because the ‘Wynd’ is reasonably clear, and thus not slippery:  I am not going to be walking far in this ..... my knee is just recovering from the last time,....  when I did, stupidly, go for a few walks in the snow.    Hatches battened, kettle ‘on’... and wait for the sun breaking through in a wee while;  that’s the ‘plan’.



10.30      The snow is beginning to melt and we are entering the slushy, messy stage;   not very pretty.     I might go down to the beach in a wee while;  it’s too messy to go out in the car just yet.    This calls for a decision making mug o’ coffee.  So far I have spent the morning filing paper work.


Busy Elie harbour beach this morning.
12.30    Yessss .... the ‘boy’ has been out in the car:   having gone to the harbour.    It’s not a bonnie day for being ‘out’.... overcast and bleak above, and wet, mushy and bleak below.    The beach was busy with walkers....  wrapped up walkers.     Lorraine and Stewart stopped to have a chat on their way up from the harbour, where they had been for a romantic walk, in the car:  I was taking photographs, of the harbour etc, from the Toft.    On the way home I was going to buy a paper, but Elie was choc a bloc with cars;   didn’t bother going for a paper.     High tide is at 15.16, which time might coincide with a sunny spell, ... and that would lure me down to the beach.

20.00      Sunny spells did drift our way, but they were few .... short .... and far between.     One did coincide with high tide, but it was only a fleeting one;  however I
Stewart and Lorraine.
did go to the beach, and got another batch of , “big roller’s in the bay” photographs.    The wind is forecast to go to the westerly direction, on Tuesday, so Elie Bay should calm down after that.   

For me this has been a real lazy day as far as exercise goes;   I only walked on the beach twice;   tomorrow I must do at least the Chapel green walk;    assuming the weather is reasonable.

 I did a stupid thing (nothing new there) this morning.     I louped oot o’ ma bed, showered, shaved etc, to go to the kirk:  this was at 07.30.    Then I thought;   “I won’t get dolled up just now, I’ll dress in my usual clobber, and go to the beach .... then change for the kirk later”.    Seemed like a good plan.    It was a good plan:  until I started to play with the photographs.    Unsurprisingly I completely forgot about the
Elie Bay .... with the Beacon in the background.
kirk;  it didn’t even click when I passed the kirk, in the car on the way to the harbour, that all the cars in Elie were my pals at the service.    I’d missed a cuppa, a blether .... and Communion!     Maybe that should be the other way round.     But I did get some bonnie photographs.   I still feel guilty aboot missing the kirk.


Except for a few sheltered corners, most of the snow, and slush, has evaporated;  and I’m not sorry to see it go.    It was disappointing to wake up to an inch of snow.    I’m hoping that tomorrow is a brighter , and calmer day;   a day when I can get the bike out.... or do the Chapel green walk.    The weather forecast is for it to be slightly better than today;  though not “iggzactly” Spring.    Spring  begins on Tuesday(astronomical cycle) at 16.15.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....