Overcast , wet and cold ....


30th March 2018 (Friday) .... 09.00    Mmmmmm .... it’s not the kindest of weather for the start of the Easter Holiday;    overcast, with rain at times, and a brisk
This afternoon ....  rain/sleet at the time.
breeze, from the Southeast, so it’s cauld.    I have yet to go to the beach;   when I do go it will be a quick walk to the Cockstail rocks and back.    It does not look like being a day for the bike.     However, the central heating is ‘on’, the kettle will have boiled,.... yes,...  I am warm, and content.     Should I leave the warmth and mosey down to the beach?   After a cuppa ... perhaps.  

11.00     Jings .... the weather has deteriorated and is miserable now ..... I haven’t been to the beach;   but I have had a couple of ‘cuppas’.     It’s looking like being a day for computer stuff, and I’ve had the seeds of an idea that should keep me occupied for the duration of the inclement weather;   wellll?.... maybe not quite.  I can understand folk wanting to get away, to somewhere warm,  for the Easter break:   having said that, the auld place looks good
The Ferry beach.
in any kind of weather.




20.30    I wouldn’t say that going to the beach was the best idea I’ve had today .... but...  I did go to the beach.    When I left Ivy Cottage it was ‘nearly not raining’ .... by the time I got to the Cockstail rocks a rain /sleet shower was overhead;   well, the cloud was overhead.... the rain/sleet was blowing across the beach.     I was, well and warmly wrapped up, but my legs got wet.    I abandoned the beach, and went up Cadger’s Wynd and down the High Street, where there was some shelter from the houses.    It didn’t take long for me to be back in Ivy Cottage, warm, with the hatches battened down, and the heating up.    It has not been a bonnie day as far as weather goes;  in fact it has been a dreich and quite miserable day ...... outside!      Inside I browsed old photographs, and watched
Elie Bay.
some stuff on the tele.    There’s not much stuff to watch on the tele;  at least not the kind of programmes that I like.... but I did find an Edgar Wallace film.    It is going to be an early night with Steig Larsson book, (Lisbeth Salander - The Girl who played with fire) tonight .... again.

Hey ....tomorrow’s weather is going to be better .... the rain/sleet isn’t going to be as heavy;   that’s just short of ‘sunny spells’.    It’s doubtful if I’ll even bother to un-batten the hatches at Ivy.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....