Leven mission ....


28th March 2018 (Wednesday) .... 08.00    There’s a 50/50(ish) mix of blue sky and clouds this morning, so we should get a few decent sunny spells... and light
Heavy showers all around this afternoon.
showers later.    There is a cool breeze from the Northwest, but nothing that a good jacket and scarf won’t nullify.    Nullify?    I like that word .... I must use it more.
I’m going to Leven as planned;   hopefully to get a haircut, definitely to do a shopping.    Better go .... 'slight flap on' now.

20.30     Got the shopping done this morning, but no haircut;   however I booked in to get a haircut tomorrow morning at 09.30.   Depending on the weather, I might bike along to Elie, and ‘catch’ the ‘X60’ bus.    The trip to Leven went smoothly;   I would have been happier if I’d got the haircut, but the salon was busy with girls having their hair done.    The journey home was ‘slow and steady’ which is the way I like it;   the traffic got caught behind a ‘Vegcraft’ tractor with trailer, bumbling along at 30 mph.    I had to accelerate to ‘go, with the flow’.    By the time I was back in Ivy it was too late to go to Harbour House
The first beach hut of the season.
for ‘morning coffee’, so I put the messages away and had a cuppa.



Jim and Myra had to go out this afternoon, so I went up and took ‘SD’ out for his afternoon walk.    Jings he’s fly is ‘SD’:  he knows that he gets biscuits (of the dog kind) after his walk, and does not want to waste time walking.    Our ‘SD’  has a quick ‘comfort stop’ then immediately wants to go back to the house .... and his biscuits!    I’d biked up to Jim’s, ,so I  gave ‘SD’ a goodly ration of his biccies, checked his water, then locked up;  and went round Chapel Green on the bike.    There were heavy showers all around;  in fact I’d had to wait until one shower passed over before going up to ‘SD’..... but I was lucky and had half an hour up at Chapel Green, before the next shower came over.    I
Elie Bay.
saw it coming and arrived at Ivy just as the rain/hail started.    The showers are ‘short, blustery and wet’.

Tomorrow I have to go to Leven again (haircut), so that will take up most of the morning.... if I travel on the bus.    If I go in the car I should be back in Elie by 10.30.... but I fancy the bus;  it gives me a chance to look around.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....