'Troops' ....


24th March 2018 (Saturday) .... 08.00    Big ‘Flap on’ this morning;  the
Kellie Castle.
Troops are coming!    The weather forecast is excellent,  ‘bright and sunny, with a light breeze’;  a nice day for pottering around Kellie Castle Garden, looking for signs of Spring.    
I’m feeling bright and breezy this morning, after a long and good night’s sleep;    I must have been tired after the excitement of the past couple of days.    Oh .... I’d better rattle round with the ‘oover, and have a quick flick round with a duster, before the ‘Troops’ arrive;   ‘ousework has been neglected recently.    All of a sudden, a ‘weakness’ has come over me, at the thought of ‘work’ ..... I need a cuppa.
   
Romantic photo of Iain and Jackie in Kellie Castle garden.

21.00     My word .... I’m one tired ‘boy’ tonight.    The ‘Troops’ arrived about 11.00, .....bearing gifts, ‘fired up’, and rarin’ to go.     We had a quick cuppa before going up to Kellie Castle garden.    This is the first time I’ve been at the garden  this early so I was able to get some early Spring photos, of the garden, and a few of ‘The Troops’.     There was much noise coming from the Kellie rookery, so Spring is definitely in the air.    We had lunch outside;  it was mostly warm, but cool when a cloud came between us and the sun over the sun.    I had soup that had wild garlic in it .... very tasty it was.
Jackie, Hazel and Catriona went for a walk round Elie after we got back to the Ferry:   I went down “Nana’s Seat”, and nearly fell asleep.   There was a cold breeze, and though the rest of me was well covered, my nose was not!    A cold nose kept me awake:  and, being awake, I was able to see that the beach was busy with afternoon
Catriona.
walkers.  It was a lovely afternoon, but you did have to be wrapped up.    They were.    The walkers were ‘wrapped up’.    Iain was busy on his laptop.

We had various kinds of food when the ‘girls’ came back from their walk:    three vegan (the girls), and two ‘eat anything’....  the ‘boy’s.    The vegan meals looked appetizing, and the girls wolfed their food down in ‘nae time’:   the ‘boy’s, being delicate eaters, took longer.   I might have got that the wrong way round. 
  
 
Hazel.
This has been another really enjoyable day, spent bumbling around Kellie etc., with the ‘Troops’..... and, right now I am well ready for bed.    I need a good night’s sleep to give my auld knee a rest.    The ‘Troops’ set off for Auchnagatt just before 19.00.... so Ivy Cottage ‘feels’ even quieter than it usually is.     I’m having an early night in bed, with one of the books that Iain and Jackie gave me for my birthday,  “Hostage on the Roof”, My Peterhead Prison Story ... by Jackie Stuart.   Iain and I met, and spoke with Jackie when we went through Peterhead Prison last year.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....