Michael's birthday .....


27th March 2018 (Tuesday)    “Happy Birthday” to Michael who will be ... no you cannae be that old .... I’d only be 5 (?) when you were born.   Have a great day....old is fun!

08.30    .... as forecast the East wind has brought rain in from the North sea overnight,
Much wetness.
and it’s still raining .... but, the wind is going to veer to the West later in the afternoon so the rain should peter out.
 I’ll take the car up to Elie and pick up the paper, then it will be a computer morning.    I’m wondering.... I need a haircut.... this might be a good day to have that done.    I’ll consider that over breakfast.    Everyone will be glad to know that ‘Hercules' (hormone) has calmed down!  

11.00      It is definitely raining.... I set off to go to the beach, and changed my mind, ‘cos it was heavy ... not good for my delicate hair!   I had been to Elie (in the car),... in fact I went to Elie harbour.   That’s something I won’t be doing again until after the
Elie Bay... from The Toft.
Easter holidays.... the road past the Ship Inn is ridiculous if you meet something coming the other way.   Oh .... I’m thinking of getting a haircut.... it’s a good day for doing that;  and I’d do a shopping.



17.00    The only subject I can write about today is the weather;   I can ‘see’ it from every window in Ivy.    It has been demoralizing kind of weather today;   especially so after the few bonnie Spring days we’ve just had.    Anyway, the rain eventually fizzled out, but not before a couple of false fizzles.    You’d think that, in Bonnie Scotland  (Scotland is bonnie, whatever the weather,) we’d be used to changeable weather, but we do live in the hope of a long spell of, ‘bright and
Clearing sky .... late afternoon.
sunny’.    Long spell?   Three days in succession would be considered a long spell.    Right now a ‘short sunny spell’ would be very welcome.    Of course it is early in the season yet.   I remember (this is ‘old’ stuff) we were ‘flittin’, from Bishopton to Crathes, in June 1943, and had hail, and snow showers. 
   
I didn’t go to Leven for a haircut;  it began to rain just before I set off so that was the end of that ‘plan’.     I did some ironing, and ‘ousework instead.... and fell asleep in front of the tele:   the haircut and shopping I’ll do tomorrow morning .... early.
Ye Gods .... we have had a short ‘sunny spell’;   all of 30 seconds.    Mock not.... from small acorns large oak trees grow;  this could be the beginning of summer!
My only ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to get along to Leven early, on the aforementioned haircut/ shopping mission.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....