BST (British Summer Time) .....


25th March 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.30 .... well that’s wrong for a start;   I’ve just seen the computer clock and it’s 10.30:  guess who forgot to put the clocks forward
Floppy wave .... the restful kind.
last night!... so I’ll begin again.    (I’ll sort the clocks later.)


10.30    We have ‘wall to wall’ blue sky, with a light westerly breeze, a bonnie Spring morning by the look of it.    I say ‘look of it’ because I haven’t been anywhere yet, having got out of bed at, what I thought was 09.10..... feeling sluggish;   like I’ve got a cold coming on.   I’ll take it easy today, pottering about the garden, planting the pansies that Irene brought, and tidying ‘The Hutte’.     When I think of it..... it will soon be lunch time... and I haven’t even had breakfast yet!    Must ‘go’ .... “flap on”..... need food.

11.15     That’s it;    'fast' has been broken, and Ivy Cottage is now on British Summer Time .... including the car!

Michael graduation - Canterbury.
14.30      We have had much satisfaction from doing things in the garden:  Yes ... ‘we’:  I have been ably assisted by ‘Blob’, who devours anything that runs, or wriggles.... and he has had a feast.    The work ‘plan is simple;   I do a bit of weeding etc. than sit back until ‘Blob’ has cleaned up..... so, I’m not finding gardening too strenuous.     ‘Blob’ won’t get much out of the next operation however;   planting the pansies.


20.30    Not long ago, planting pansies was a dawdle;  Maggie did it!     Today it was up to ‘the boy’ to get the job done, and with my knees, and hips, being less supple than they once were, I suspect they will stiffen up by bedtime.    That said, bending will have stretched muscles that needed stretching, and that is bound to be good.    Actually, I have enjoyed, and got a lot of satisfaction, out of today’s gardening effort;  and, must do some more tomorrow, because the weather, from Tuesday onwards, will  not be favourable.

I went to the beach later in the afternoon;   my word the beach looked like it had been
Earlsferry beach.
busy .... there are footprints all over the place.  The fact that it has been a lovely day would attract ‘day trippers.     I have the feeling that 2018 could be a busy ‘holiday season’ year.

We are going to have another lovely spring day tomorrow, but it’s doon hill after that .... rain on Tuesday, with rain/sleet /snow forecast later in the week.   The snow will be mostly on the mountain tops.    I don’t have any ‘plan’ for tomorrow, but I must do some more work in the garden.... gardening is therapeutic.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....