Worcester Service Engineer .....

24th May 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    Jings I’m feeling’ ‘hyper’ this morning;  it must be that ‘daud’ ...er ...  slice of Waitrose “Golden and Syrupy Treacle
Mara Seaweed Harvesters.
Tart” that I had with my morning cup o’ coffee.   My word ... that’s the stuff to get the auld muscles fired up!    Jim brought it down last night, but it’s too sweet for him, so I kept it for Jimmy, and me, to have with our morning cuppa in the Hutte ....  we’ll be “tearin’ aboot like heidless chickens aw day”.   (Nothing new there then!)

We have a lovely morning here;  I’ve been down on the beach, it’s lovely down there:   with the tide being ‘out’ the Mara Seaweed Harvester’s are working this morning.    It’s a braw morning for gathering seaweed but I don’t suppose they will have much time to admire the scenery:   they have a lot of seaweed to gather  before the tide turns.

I have an appointment with the Worcester Service Engineer sometime today so I’m going have to stay ‘in’ until he has been:   anytime between 08.00 and 18.00.   I will have loads o’ time to get the rhone brackets fitted!

"Beach huts doth a summer make!"
21.30     Yes .... I am liking this spell of summer weather;   it was 21c in Ivy garden this afternoon.   It is forecast to be warmer tomorrow.
The Worcester Service Engineer arrived at 11.30 .... he came down from Arbroath.    That meant I had the afternoon to do anything I fancied.   I decided to spend most of ‘the day’ working and,  .... finally got the rhone brackets in place;   tomorrow I want to seal the rhone joints with bitumen....so I most definitely do not want rain tonight.    I will use Mike’s ‘professional’ brackets once I get everything the way I want it.... i.e. the rainwater running along the rhone to the downpipe.    The professional bracket look much neater but have to be modified slightly... which takes time:   Tomorrow I want to go 'out to
The 'Royal Burgh' Boundary stone.
play


The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to exit my bed early and go for the papers,...  take a turn down to the harbour, then come home via the estate, by which time I’ll be ready for breakfast.


Photographs : Top – the Mara Seaweed harvesters, Middle – Beach huts .... “Two beach huts doth a summer make”,  and Bottom – The ‘Ferry boundary/march stone’ on the beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....