Quiet, wind free, morning ....

7th May 2017 (Sunday)  ... 08.00     Oh my word ... I had some bother with cramp last night... and lost a lot of sleep.    It will most likely have been caused by
Elie ... early morning.
biking, and dehydrating, in the East wind.    Anyway I drank copious amounts of water, one glass with some salt in it, and the cramp settled down.     I forgot to fill my water bottle yesterday.     I’m hoping to sit tough a cramp free service in the kirk this morning;   I’ll sit near the back just in case .... and have a bottle of water , and a couple of salty biscuits, with me.

We have a nice,  windless morning, but it is overcast;   the sun is already beginning to burn off the cloud so we should have a nice warm day .... if it remains ‘windless’.

21.00     It has been a beautiful day, though the wind did ‘get up’ in the afternoon ... which took a few degrees off the temperature ... the thing that’s beginning to ‘bother’ us is the fact that the gardens, and farms, need rain.     There’s always something to
Elie Bay
grumble about.
I went to the kirk, and had absolutely no problems with the cramp.   I thought that the hard edge of the pew might bring on a cramp  ... but I drank plenty water, and nibbled a couple of biscuits, and everything was fine.     The ‘Long Service Certificate’ recipients photograph was taken after the service, and that went perfectly too.    Well not quite;   one of the recipients disappeared... he had gone along to the Church hall where there was Coffee/Tea and cakes etc.    We caught up with the ‘hungry boy, and he was photographed in the Hall;   to be ‘Photo-shopped ’ into the main group photo later.    This has been done, and the  final ‘group Photo’ looks ‘realistic’ which  is surprising, because this is the first time I have done this.... so “all’s well that ends well”.

I’d intended going up to a ‘Gardener’s Question Time’ in the Kilconquhar Kirk Hall this afternoon, but my lack of sleep caught up with me and I fell fast asleep in the Hutte... and,  for considerably longer than I normally would.   By the time I woke up it was too late to go to Kinneuchar:  on the other hand, this meant I had time to get the
Elie Kirk.
Photo-Shopping’ done.

Earlier this evening I went down to the beach to take a few ‘beachy’ photos, having put the polarizing filter back onto the lens.    I discovered two things when I was down there;   I didn’t have  a card in the camera;   and I hadn’t taken the camera bag with me.    I had a short walk, then discovered a third thing .... it was cauld.      I poodled back to Ivy and put the kettle ‘on’!

This seems to have been a busy day, though I haven’t done much:   I did enjoy the kirk this morning....   always plenty of folks to talk too there. ... and the service was interesting.  
   

Photographs : Top and Middle – Elie this morning, and Bottom – Elie Kirk... Long Service Certificates about to be Awarded.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....