Bad hair day .....

20th May 2017 (Saturday) ....  09.00    Oh my word .... this is not going to be a ‘good hair day’;    it wouldn’t be so bad if it was just raining but it’s “dreich”;  
Elie harbour beach.
definitely not a good day for being ‘out and about’.... unless wrapped up in a car.   I am looking forward to tea, ‘goodies’, and conversation, at the Coffee Morning;   and to buying some homemade baking.... and books for bed time reading.     Right now I’d better go out and feed ‘Blob and Co’.


21.30     The sun eventually ‘broke through’ at 17.40 and we’ve had a lovely evening;   this was the first time that I have been able to go out on the bike today.   Although it has been mostly dull and wet I have had an enjoyable day:  the Coffee Morning was everything  needed we needed to brighten up a dull and wet morning, ... and had everything I wanted;   tea/ biscuits, good conversation...  gingerbread (the gingerbread is scrumptious -  Jimmy and I have a couple of slices with our afternoon cuppa in the Hutte), little chocolate goodies with ginger in them ... and bedtime books.   I bought
Shower coming in over The Royal Burgh!
two raffle tickets hoping to win a box of Maltesers... but didn’t.    I was telling Sheila and Elinor how I used to buy a box of Maltesers (from RS McColl the wee sweetie shop at the Regent (Leven) ... cost 1/6d  (7.5p in today’s money), when Maggie and I were ‘coortin’, ..... and going to the pictures on a Saturday evening.    Amanda, Sheila’s daughter, won the Maltesers and gave them to me.... because of the ‘romantic’ thing I imagine.    My intention is to have one Malteser every evening with my Horlicks .... that should give me a really peaceful, and deep sleep.   Thank you Amanda:   that was really nice, and much appreciated.

As I mentioned above I went out on the bike in the early part of the evening;   only down to the harbour then back along the villages and out to Chapel Green:    from Chapel Green to the Harbour takes in the whole length of the villages.    I managed to
Peaceful Firth of Forth.
get caught in a shower but it didn’t last very long:   long enough to get  some ‘showers’ photos.

Jimmy wants to go someplace in the car tomorrow if the weather is reasonable... we’ll decide what to do in the morning.    At some point we’ll go down to the harbour and enjoy a cuppa in “Lorraine’s Place”.... in fact that is probably where we will spend the afternoon!


Photographs : Top – Elie harbour beach, Middle – shower coming over Earlsferry.... the shower that I got caught in and Bottom – a peaceful Firth of Forth from Chapel Green.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....