Merry 'May Day' .....

1st May 2017 (Monday) .... 09.00     If I had  a ‘Maypole’ in Ivy garden, I would be dancin’ around it on the end of a ribbon, celebrating flowers (and weeds), new growth,  fertility and stuff... but I’m fresh oot o ‘Maypoles’.... which is kind o’ sad
Southeast swell tumbling onto the beach.
really 'cos I’m feeling ‘frisky and luxuriant’.      I need a haircut.    Anyway have a joyful May Day wherever you are ... it’s a day for enjoyment and eating cake.

I’ve been up to the ‘Paper Shop’ where I purchased a ...  would you believe it...  a ‘paper’, and a litre of milk.    The most important purchase was the milk .... I need that for my Cornflakes.    Must go ‘slight flap on’ .... going out on the bike .... again;   we have a lovely morning, though there is a wind from the East, which spoils it a bit.


20.30     The onshore East wind didn’t stop the villages being busy with  ‘scarecrow seekers’ again, but it wasn’t as busy as it was yesterday.    However the ‘Scarecrow Festival’ is over for another year;    it certainly brings life to the ‘Auld villages’  for a few days.    I photographed my last Scarecrow this morning on the way down to the harbour (Sailing Club) .... “The Jilted Bride”;   who had been left at the altar by a
The Elie Estate road.
Leven laud called Walter!    Leven is 'Wast bye'.

Jimmy and I took a trip to Leven... this time to Aldi’s where Jimmy bought some cartons of ‘ready mix’ porridge:   I bought a bottle of Korma sauce.     From there we went to the ‘Cheap Shop’ where Jimmy bought ‘ready mix’ mashed tautties.    With the ‘ready mix’ cartons you just need to add boiling water up to a mark... then neat.
I found myself in a dilemma with ‘Scrawny Bag’ (female blackbird) this morning.    I left the back door for a few minutes, and found her, in the kitchen, perched on top of the fruit bowl, pecking her way into a pear.      I rescued the pear and tried to entice her outside with it, but nope.... she began to peck her way into a kiwi fruit.   In the end I had to open the kitchen window wide and ‘encourage’ out that way:  she found both pear and kiwi fruit out in the garden, where I’d thrown them and both have been ‘polished off’. 
   
The Easterly wind is forecast to be with us for the next few days.... and tomorrow is
'Jilted girl'.    Jilted by Walter at the altar in fact.
forecast to be more or less a repeat of today as far as the weather goes.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ though the seeds of one are slowly germinating somewhere.    The urge to out for bike run up to Balcarres is becoming stronger but I want to wait until the weather is mair like summer.   Could be a long wait.


Photographs : Top – Southeast swell breaking onto the beach,  Middle – the trees alongside the Elie Estate road get bonnier every day... and Bottom – a ‘Jilted Girl’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....