Sunny spells ....

10th May 2017 (Wednesday) .... 08.00     There’s a lot of cloud about this morning, but the sun will burn that off ;   it looks and feels,  like being another nice,
Balcarres  Crag from Kilconquhar.
but ‘cool in the wind’ day.    I might do some work around Ivy .... where I’ll be sheltered from the breeze.     In the meantime I’m ready to go to’ Ainster to pick up Jimmy. 



21.00     Jimmy’s car got though it’s MOT  fine so he’s mechanised again.     Alas, Jimmy  couldn’t go to the Friendship Lunch because he was waiting on ‘the’ phone call to say his car was ready to pick up.    In the end we went along, to Anstruther,  at 13.30... after I’d been to the ‘Lunch’.    As ever the Friendship Lunch was excellent.... but there were fewer ‘attendees’ this week;  that said there was plenty background chatter.... and the noise levels were as per usual, so there was much happiness in the Hall.

West road into Kilconquhar.
After I dropped Jimmy off at the garage I came home by ‘the back roads’ ... i.e. along the ‘Cheese Place’/Kellie Castle road then through the Newton of Balcormo to the Colinsburgh Strait then home.    I was having a cuppa in The Hutte when Jimmy turned up:  I made him a cuppa, we discussed our ailments, but got ‘fed up’ of that;   so ended up talking about life in the Ferry prior to the sixties.    It was a busy village then.
Earlier in the evening I took the car up to Kinneuchar to take some photos with the telephoto lens.    This lens had been bringing up a notice that said;   “Error No 1”   “the lens connections need cleaning”.   Hmmm;   I could only think of one thing to clean the connections with;   a wee drop of Malt whisky.    Choosing the right Malt took a wee while, but I eventually settled on Ledaig... it was the palest.     The lens is
Elie Granary.
now working perfectly... in fact I’d say that it’s working better than ever;  so the sacrifice was worth it.

We have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ tomorrow afternoon, so anything I intend doing will have to be done in the morning.    The wind is back to being from the easterly direction again so, although it is forecast to be bright enough tomorrow... the wind will be cool.    


Photographs : Top – Balcarres Crag from Kilconquhar, Middle – the Western entrance into Kilconquhar, and Bottom – photo of Elie Granary taken with the  er....  tipsy lens.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....