Greenpeace sailboat "Beluga II"....

9th May 2017 (Tuesday) .... 12.00     We had a South westerly breeze first thing this morning so I went out for a walk;   my knee wasn’t as sore as it has been
"Beluga II" ... Greenpeace sailboat.
lately..... West winds get rid o’ sair knees.      With the wind being light it was warm... and I walked the beach, Sea Tangle Road and Chapel Green  then home by the beach.    I had the Canon camera with me so many photos were ‘taken’;   including a number of the Greenpeace sail boat “Beluga II” which has just begun a scientific voyage round the Scottish coastline checking  plastic pollution.    There’s plenty plastic rubbish on the beaches;   no doubt the water will be polluted too.    By the time I got back to Ivy Jimmy was ensconced in ‘The Hutte’ patiently waiting on someone bringing him  a ‘cuppa’.

Elie harbour.
The wind has backed round and is now coming from the Southeast;  the wind from the West was short lived.

22.00     It has been a ‘bonnie’ day... bright and sunny all day, but the wind got up a bit and it has been cool.... in fact it’s cauld tonight and I’ve had to turn up  the heating.
I’ve had a quiet day at Ivy .... I did go out on the bike in the afternoon, but only up to the shop in Elie;  and down to the harbour .    Jimmy was down there... resting in his car.     Surprisingly there are still holiday makers pottering around.     Having said that the villages were looking good in the, slightly hazy, afternoon sunshine;   it was an interesting ‘light’.

Tomorrow Jimmy’s car goes in for it’s MOT... along at Anstruther, so I’ll pick him up after he drops his car off.    We’ll go to ‘The Store’ for any shopping because the MOT
Part of 'The Terrace' Elie.
place is next door.      It is also the ‘Friendship Lunch’, in the Elie Kirk Hall, tomorrow;   tomorrow is going to be a ‘busy’ day for ‘the boy’.       Anyway I  definitely ‘have plans’ for tomorrow.... I’d better not get diverted down on the beach.

The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t ‘bad’... a sort of mix of cloud and sunny spells, with light winds.    The wind is to be from the west in the morning then back to the East later .... and stay there for the next few months ... oops er days.


Photographs : Top – The Greenpeace boat, “Baluga II” coming out of Largo Bay this morning, Middle – Elie Harbour .... I liked the ‘look’ of the water, and Bottom – Part of ‘The Terrace’ Elie this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....