Nice morning ....

19th May 2017 (Friday) .... 10.30     I couldn’t believe my eyes this morning:   I was biking up ‘The Ferry’ High Street (05.50) and met a hare, (a ‘Royal’
The Black wa' ... Earlsferry.

hare of course) contemplating nibbling Iain’s flower's;    when it saw me it poodled its way up to Cadger’s Wynd  and down onto the bents.    I saw the   hare, presumably the same one, about half an hour later up on Chapel Green, making its way back to the golf course.
It isn’t as bonnie a ‘day’ as it was yesterday .... there’s a thin layer of cloud making sunshine weaker.    It’s a nice enough day nonetheless.

I’ve been out of the bike (early), and managed to do some work on the rhone.    Mike (Kryschuk ?) was passing, saw the problem... went off home and came back with  four galvanised brackets;  they will eliminate the rust problem.


20.30     Having spent a good part of the morning working on the rhone, I was glad when Jimmy turned up;   I needed a rest.    I am slowly beginning to realise that climbing up ladders is somewhat harder than it once was... and that I need to work at a slower pace.    I want to paint the front wall of Ivy, and that will involve a fair amount of  ladder climbing;   oh dear...  I’m beginning to feel a slight touch of, ‘the exhausted’ coming on ....  it’s the thought of all this work.

Part of 'The Ferry' beach.
Hey....  the Hutte Coffee isnae that bad, in fact it was excellent this afternoon:   Linda and John dropped in, and ..... Linda made the coffee.   Maggie used to make the coffee and her coffee was also excellent:   I think I know where the problem lies!    Jimmy arrived just as the coffee was about to be ‘made’ so we all sat up at/in the Hutte and discussed my engineering skills.   Ah, that reminds me ... my engineering skills? 
    After Mike had brought the aforementioned brackets, I remembered buying two rhone brackets a few years ago (when I was going to fix the rhone), and I never used them.    Would you believe it I found them (that is a big miracle) so I concocted er ... engineered a ‘prototype’ bracket out of one of them... and I think it might work.    So I’ve saved Mike’s brackets .... assuming that my bracket does the trick;   I’ll find that
Chapel Ness with the Beacon beyond.
out tomorrow ... er .... maybe not;  probably next week.    I’ll ‘rest and recuperate’ over the weekend.

We have the Guild Coffee Morning tomorrow... I must remember to take a bag so that I can carry my ‘purchases’ home.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is not of the “remember to use the sun lotion” kind:   rain is supposed to arrive overnight and poodle its way across us during tomorrow morrrrrrning (bit of Scottish-ness).... this will get rid of my urge to get ‘up and out’ early... a sleep in is on the cards methinks.

Photographs : Top – The ‘Black Wa’,  Middle – The beach, and  Bottom – Chapel Ness and the Beacon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....