Both the weather and 'the boy' (that's "me") are feeling 'fresh' this morning......

27th May 2017 (Saturday) .... 09.00     We have a bonnie morning, but it feels ‘fresher’ and there’s a fair breeze from the East..... I’m using the ‘stiff breeze’ to
Elie Estate.
dry a washing I hung out this morning!    The villages are busy, but the roads were quiet when I went along for the paper;  and I had an enjoyable run out on the bike.  

The ‘Yellow’ warning for heavy thunder showers is still in force for the late afternoon evening.... my washing will be dry by then.    Will it have been ‘taken in’? .... hopefully “yes”.

21.00    First I must give a ‘Washing update’ for those of you who ‘lost sleep’ worrying about my washing ....   I did remember to take it in  .....   before the rain arrived.     In point of fact the ‘storms’ weren’t that bad;   we had a few of rumbles of thunder, and a couple of spells of really heavy rain.    The very worst of the thunderstorms happened
Elie estate.
around the Midlands of England, and  mostly petered out before reaching the ‘Royal Burgh.    The worst of the ‘local storms’ passed to the West and East of us.... I’ve been watching the live lightning strikes on ‘Blitzortung’.     The rain will have cleared the air;  there’s a good chance that I will be full of friskiness tomorrow!  

We had the ‘Mwandi Coffee Morning’ today.     Mwandi, (Zambia - formerly Northern Rhodesia), is where the United Church of Zambia has modern Hospital and Educational facilities.     Keith and Ida Waddell, who work out of the ‘Mission’, gave a very interesting presentation, and talk, on the work of the mission.   Click on the above link and you will find out all about  Keith and Ida’s work.    Both are very passionate about what they do;   and they love doing it:   a very impressive couple.

‘Plan’ for tomorrow?     Jimmy needs to go to Leven for his favourite porridge cartons,
The Ferry beach this afternoon.
(porridge comes in different flavours nowadays) so we’ll do that after he does his ‘Alice’s seat’ walk, in the morning    Weather permitting I’ll get ‘up and out’ early, before the streets get busy.    Oh , I nearly forgot,  .... my rhone has stood the test.... it isn’t overflowing, nor leaking; I know this because I went out in the heavy rain to check .  Sometime soon I can begin to fit the proper brackets.


Photographs :  Top and Middle – the greenness of Elie Estate, and Bottom – the Ferry beach this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....