Overcast with ocassional spells of light rain .....

13th May 2017 (Saturday) .... 09.00    The weather, so far, has been exactly as was forecast... overcast with occasional spells of light rain, but with there being
Wet dandelion seed head.
only a light breeze it doesn’t feel as cold as it was yesterday.    I have a slight cold, so I’m ‘lying low’ today:    I’ll do some baking.    Owing to the fact that “Puku” is very fond of freshly baked scones etc, I have not been baking;  today I feel like having a freshly baked scone!    Or is this “Puku” telling me that I want a scone?    Probably!    Anyway, baking it is this morning;   the weather forecast for later in the afternoon and evening is more promising for outdoor activities.


20.30     Today’s weather has been ‘mixed up’ right enough;   I suppose ‘dour’ might be an apt description .... though we did in fact have a couple of short (very) sunny spells.     The wind has veered to the Southwest in the last few hours, .... hopefully we’ll have bonnier weather tomorrow.

“Puku” is contented tonight;   I did bake a batch of scones, and they are tasty, and,
Welsh poppy.
though not the tallest scones, Jimmy reckons they are the best scones I’ve ever made.    I spread them with the, expensive, jam that I bought when Jim and I were up at the Loch of the Lowes a few weeks ago,  and that did add to the taste.    I only needed cream to have a nice ‘cream tea’.

Having got the bike out of the shed, I never actually went out on it:   Jimmy appeared at the crucial time needing to go to Leven to get some cartons of the mashed tatties that he likes.    By the time we got back from Leven I was beginning to feel ‘under the weather’ so the bike went back into the shed.    I’ll be creepin’ orf to bed in a wee while.... after my mug of Horlicks.     I’m hoping to be on the ‘frolicking side of frisky’ tomorrow, having shaken orf this ‘bug’ thing overnight.
  
 There are no ‘plans’ for tomorrow, though I’d like to get down to ‘Lorraine’s Place’
Apple blossom.
sometime during the day.... I’ve almost forgotten what the harbour looks like.    The weather forecast is ‘brighter’ for tomorrow, ..... and breezy.... with some showers developing in the afternoon.


Photographs : Top – a bedraggled ‘taraxacum officinale’ seed-head,  Middle – Welsh poppy, and Bottom – dry apple blossom!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....