Feeling happy and excitable ....

31st May 2017 (Wednesday) .... 10.00   Jings when I woke up this morning I didn’t feel any of my normal ‘pains’ .... I thought I’d died.    However, when I flicked myself out of bed and all my joints fell into place,  my sair bits fell into place too, and
Stewart trimming the road verges on the estate.
everything was back to normal:  I had a shower, quickly followed by a migraine ... then breakfast.    Since then I’ve biked through the Estate, took a few photographs, got the papers, (and milk), blethered, and I am now back in Ivy with the kettle ‘on’.    I met Jimmy walking up to Elie House using his ‘hurdy gurdy’:   it’s a handy thing as it comes with a seat so he can stop for a rest anytime;  he expects to be at Ivy for a cuppa about 10.00.    Must ‘go’ ... slight flap on’ this morning... we have the Colinsburgh Light Lunch at 12.30.


21.30    My word .... The Colinsburgh Lunch was delicious:  I had Mushroom soup (there was a choice of two) followed by Lemon Meringue pie (there was a choice of two sweets) ... with cream.    We then had tea/coffee with a choice of  cake:   all this mixed with plenty chatter made for an enjoyable hour.

Elie estate rhododendron.
Jimmy and I went down to the Sailing Club after the ‘Colinsburgh Lunch’ and had another cuppa at “Lorraine’s”.    The tide was out so the beach was busy, as was the harbour area, with holiday makers on what has been a bonnie, ‘bright sunny and warm’ day.   It did become cooler when the onshore breeze strengthened later in the afternoon.

Ferry Road (Earlsferry)‘double yellow’ lines become ‘active’ tomorrow so I had to move the car to Ferry Wynd.   I decided to do this, in the early evening, by way of a run up to Balcarres, to have a wander through the ‘Woodland Walk’ at the bottom of the crag.   Balcarres Estate, like Elie Estate, is looking stunning, with multifarious greenness all around.   I must have a day
Part of Balcarres Estate Woodland Walk.
up there soon... take a picnic lunch etc.... to photograph some of the Balcarres greenness.  

The weather is forecast to be cloudier tomorrow, with the chance of light rain later in the afternoon/evening.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow as yet, but I’ll probably get out on the bike early, the wind is forecast to be light.


Photographs : Top – Stewart trimming Elie Estate road verges, Middle – Elie rhododendron flower, and, Bottom – part of the Woodland Walk on Balcarres.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....