Cracking morning ......

17th May 2017 (Wednesday) ... 09.30    Having spent an hour and a half pottering around Elie Harbour and Elie Estate, I can tell you that we have an absolute
Kilconquhar loch swan.
cracker of a day here;   bright sunny and peaceful, a perfect day for ... welll .... ‘pottering about’.    The early morning is the best time of day .... the old saying, “an hour in the morning is worth two in the afternoon” is true.    I think the best thing about the morning is the ‘peace and quiet’....and ‘you’ are in it.    It’s braw.    


21.00    It’s a contented, and tired, ‘bunny’ that will crawl into his ‘Royal Burrow’ tonight;  he’s been bouncing, well maybe not quite bouncing, but has been on the go most of the day.    After breakfast (late) Jimmy arrived needing to stock up with ‘rations’ so we had a quick cuppa and went to the ‘Cheap Shop’;  it stocks all the things that Jimmy needs.     I bought another two cartons of Cranberry
Elie.
juice.... and some small freezer containers for my home made ‘ready meals’.

Back at Ivy I got the bike organised then noticed that the sky was darkening so I abandoned that ‘plan’.    I had a cuppa to help me contemplate my next move.   Jimmy arrived when I was in mid contemplation so I made him a cuppa.... and we read today’s papers.    Although the sky darkened we didn’t actually get rain, but by this time I had to sort out dinner;   lamb chops that I bought yesterday.

After dinner... (I enjoyed the chops) ... I got the bike out again and went up to Chapel Green, where I got some instructions from ‘The Boss’, and played with the Canon camera, with a small telephoto lens attached.    Looking Eastwards from Chapel Green it looked like there was a thunder storm off Crail.... the sky was dark and menacing
Rare photo -  no cars!
looking, but wasn’t going to bother us.

I watched President Trump addressing the USA Coastguard College students;   it was not impressive.   He needs to relax and crack a joke now and again.... get people to laugh with him, .... not at him.    Having said that he does have a stressful job!

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ is to get up, and out early... the weather forecast is good.


Photographs : Top – Kilconquhar swan, Middle – the Harbour, and Bottom – The Toft .... and not a car in sight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....