Feeling frisky ....

28th May 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.00    There’s a fresher feel to the air this morning, ... and it has clouded over.    When I went out, at 07.00, it was ‘bright and
Early sunshine on Earlsferry.
breezy’ ... now it’s ‘overcast and breezy, with spells of sunshine’.   Right now the wind is Westerly, but is forecast to change to Easterly, later in the afternoon.    The ‘Ferry’ was quiet this morning.... only two workers on the golf course, and one jogger on the beach;  oh ... and a lady walking her dog on Ferry Road.


21.30    On the road to Leven this morning (Jimmy needed food things) we passed a lady cyclist at Kinneuchar Station;  we both thought she looked elderly, but, ....  she was wearing a grey cycle helmet, so she might not have been ‘elderly’.   Anyway, we saw her again, on our way home;   on the cycle path outside Lundin Links making for Leven;   that would be about 45 minutes after we first saw her.   The roads were busy with cars etc. ...so she’d be glad to get off the road and onto the cycle path at Lundin Links.    Impressive stuff.    I’d better get biking.   That said,  my ‘record’ for distance biked in one day is 139 miles.... that was 20 years ago.

I’d have to say that this has been a ‘rest day’ for me, as I haven’t done much in the way
Elie harbour beach at midday.
of ‘anything’... in spite of feeling 'frisky'.     I did bike along to Jimmy’s and we went out to Woodhaven Car Park to have a cuppa with Ian and Jill, who had spent the night  there in the camper van.    From there we (Jimmy and I) went down to the Sailing Club ... where we had a bacon roll for lunch, and a blether with Lorraine, Stuart and Tom.   Tom’s boat is getting closer to the water; ready to be launched in the next few days.   Jings I forgot that I did some ‘ousework and an ironing in the afternoon;   no wonder I am tired!

Monday ... (tomorrow) ....  is forecast to be cloudy and cool, with the chance of light rain coming in from the North Sea on the Easterly wind, later in the afternoon.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow, apart from being ‘up and out’ early(ish)... to get the paper, and, if the weather is amenable, I’ll bike up through the Estate;  I haven’t been
Elie
up there today.

There has been a big drop in temperature over the past few hours;   caused most likely by the wind backing round to the Southeast.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry in early morning sunlight, Middle – Elie harbour at midday, and Bottom – Eli at midday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....