Hey .... it's summertime in Elie and 'The Royal Burgh' .... .....

26th May 2017 (Friday) .... 09.30    The garden thermometer is already at
Kincraig cliffs Earlsferry.
20c, on what is a stunning morning .... and it’s forecast to be like this all day;   and there is only a smirr o’ a breeze, so it could be really hot later..... as in ‘mauchless’ hot.

I went out on the bike at 06.00;   did the Chapel Green, Elie Harbour and Elie Estate ‘run’ .... it was lovely, but I was just a bit too warm by the time I got back to Ivy at 08.40.     I managed to get a few photos when out .... my next ‘move is to have a cuppa and check them ....  (the photos).

Elie Bay.
21.30    After looking at my photos this morning I biked along to Jimmy’s;   Jimmy had to stay in “No 10” until the Worcester Service engineer arrived.   We had a cuppa , and a blether, then I poodled my way back to Ivy ....  via South Street.
Once again we’ve had a hot day .... it was 23c in Ivy garden at midday!    I had to resort to having a siesta from midday through to 15.00 .... it was too hot for me to do anything outside.... and the heat brought on a migraine.    Having said that, I did tidy up the planet a wee bit .... I uprooted some weeds.    Luckily George turned up and we sat in the Hutte and blethered.   George is impressed with my coffee .... so much so that he asked what brand it was.     I told him it was a “glass jar that had a black label with writing on it”;   not much help really was it?   The brand of coffee is in fact ‘Carte
Kilconquhar lochside houses.
Noire’.... I just checked.    I had tea. 

I won’t need to get ‘up’ so early tomorrow morning;  there’s going to be a wind, therefore no reflections.    I have seen the weather forecast:   there is a weather warning out for us (Fife):  thunder, with frequent lightning is forecast to hit sometime in the afternoon.    Cancel the ‘won’t get up early bit ....  will get ‘up’ early and go out on the bike, ‘cos it looks like I won’t be biking in the afternoon.    However ... ‘it’s an ill wind that doesn’t blow some good’ .... there should be bonnie
Swan cooling off.
clouds to photograph from the beach;   before the rain arrives.   
 

Photographs : Top – Kincraig cliffs, Next – Elie Bay, Next – a few of the Kilconquhar lochside houses, and Bottom – a swan cooling off;  it’s using it’s foot the same way as an elephant uses it’s lugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....