Local elections voting day ....

4th May 2017 (Thursday) .... 09.00    The Northeast wind is becoming a bit exasperating;   but it is a drying wind, and taking advantage of that fact,   I have a
Balcarres Den.
washing going through:   it’s an ill wind that disnae blow some good right enough.  
  We have, a bonnie enough morning, though a bit hazy... and, cool;  a nice morning for working in the shelter of Ivy garden.    Weeds look out!... well some of them.


“Thank You” Kathleen (in Glasgow) for letting me know that Jimmy could hand his Postal Voting envelope into the local Polling Station.    I phoned Jimmy immediately, but he had just put the envelope, and contents, through the shredder, so, his vote has been ‘lost’ this time.    However it is good to know that late Postal Voting Papers can be handed in at the Polling Station:   hopefully this applies to both Local and National Elections.    I posted my Postal Vote a couple weeks ago;   having ‘set up’ Postal Voting when  
Balcarres Den burn.
Maggie was unable to go up to the Polling Station. 


   20.00     This has been one stunning day.... I went someplace where even the Northeast wind couldn’t spoil it:   I walked up Balcarres Den.    The car needed fuel so I thought I might as well take the camera and go for a walk.    After ‘fueling up’ I went along to, and ‘moored’ the car at “Robin Gray’s” cottage:  the ‘plan’ being to walk up the den to the Balcarres Mains Road, then back to the car by the Double Dykes .... and this is what I set out to do.     I forgot one thing ... two things in fact .... I forgot to leave my jacket in the car... and I didn’t have a bottle of water with me.     By the time I was 400 metres into the den the heat was beginning to be felt;   I walked on but finally decided that I’d turn back at the second bridge... I don’t know what the temperature was in the Den, but it was hot.    That said I did enjoy the walk, but was
The Den Burn.
glad to get back to the car  and have a drink of water.


It was the ‘Drop in Cafe’ this afternoon .... and Gareth was ‘on duty’.    Gareth being ‘on duty’ involves much saluting, and I have to do what I’m ‘telt’.    It’s all good fun at the ‘Cafe’, with lots of banter .... and much laughing.

I have Geordie Glen’s funeral at Kinneuchar Kirk tomorrow morning:   Geordie was a Colinsburgh boy, and we ‘grew up’ together.   He was a bus driver, and worked on the ‘coast’ route.    I am picking up Lexie at 10.00 .... Lexie was a ‘clippie’ on the buses, and often worked with Geordie.  

Another ‘wall to wall’ ‘bloo’ sky is forecast for tomorrow;   alas the wind is once again going to be Northeast.     Oh well, I know where it will be warm!
Photographs : all three taken in Balcarres Den.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....