Nice morning ....

16th May 2017(Tuesday) ...08.30    We have a lovely morning here ... an even mixture of cloud and blue sky... and warm, even though there is a wind from the
The estate road.
SW.
 The weather forecast is ‘good’ for most of the day, but we could get showers now and again.     My first mission for ‘the day’ is a trip to Leven;  I need to get bits and pieces, so I’ll do a ‘shopping' when I’m there.   

  22.00     My trip to Leven was really enjoyable .... probably because I found time to have a cuppa in Sainsbury’s Cafe.     Ah that reminds me;   today I bought two 1.5 litres cartons of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice in the ‘Cheap Shop’ , (The Bargain Store) ... they cost £1.00 each.    In Sainsbury’s, I paid £2.30 for a single one litre carton.   In other words I got three litres in the ‘Cheap Shop’ and it cost me 30p less than the one litre in Sainsbury’s.     All three cartons
Kilconquhar Loch.
contain exactly the same ‘Cranberry Juice’, and the blurb on the cartons is also exactly the same.     I know that Sainsbury’s (and all the big stores etc) put investors way before customers;    all part of living in “rip off Britain” I guess.      However, Sainsbury’s does have two advantages over the ‘Cheap Shop’ ..... they have a ‘Cafe’, and I am ‘in love’ with one of the checkout lassies.    Even so I won’t be buying my Cranberry juice in Sainsbury’s again.


With the weather being comfortably warm, I got the bike out and went for a potter round the Estate.  This is the first time that I’ve been out on the bike without a jacket this year.... I’m hoping this is the start of out summer weather.   I decided to go round
Threatening clouds moving in over Earlsferry.
by Kinneuchar Station for change  of scenery... the trees are looking gorgeous, with different fresh ‘greens’ all over the place.     I came home by the usual estate road  and only just got back to Ivy when it started to spit rain.    The rain never came to much, and we’ve ended up with a lovely evening.

Jimmy has just off home after an evening discussing a wide range of subjects;  mostly local ... and old.    Jim didn’t appear so we think that he is still celebrating his birthday!

Photographs : Top – The estate road,  Middle – Kinneuchar Loch, and Bottom –  shower clouds coming in over Earlsferry.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....