Overcast and cool ....

12th May 2017 (Friday) .... 09.30    I’m ‘flappin’ aboot like a heidless chicken’ this morning;  however I did get the rhones cleaned out, and a coat of some
Cock sparrow
kind o’ paint on the ‘super bracket’:   the paint is going to the re-cycling place .... I don’t know what kind of paint it is but it isn’t ‘professional paint’ .... it’s like a mixture of emulsion and oil paint;   into the paint container at Pittenweem it goes.    Jimmy wants to go to Leven, to have his car washed, so I’m having a quick cuppa before we do that.  


 19.00     It has been a dull kind of day;   apart from a brief spell of brightness when John and Linda appeared, .... they were out giving their ‘Fit-Bits’ some exercise .... and the urge to admire ‘the bracket’ was strong upon them so they came over to the Royal Burgh!  
  
B
Dandelion.
eing as it has been windy and cold this afternoon, I have confined myself to Ivy garden;  in fact I took the camera out and photographed some of the gorgeous flowers that are dotted about the place.   The ‘taraxacum officinale’ is looking especially gorgeous this year ... and there are lots of them!

My first thought, on getting out of bed this morning was, ... “oh... it must be going to rain... my knees are sair”;   then I remembered that I’d been climbing the ladder.    I have been climbing the ladder again today, and my knees are no longer sair;  and rain is forecast for later in the evening:  conclusion:  my knees are not good weather forecasters.... though they are in fact very efficient knees;   when it comes to walking etc.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is a bit of a mixture;   misty, cloudy with rain and
Aster flowers.
bright spells.    I think I’ll leave any activities until I see what the weather is doing.    If it’s dreich when I first look out I may have a ‘sleep in’ .... I’ve been meaning to have one for a while.    I think the afternoon might be the better part of ‘the day’ .... as far as the weather goes.    The Sailing Club will be ‘open’ over the weekend;   that will be the place to sit and browse the ‘happenings’ at the harbour.

I don’t anticipate going out this evening.... it’s windy and cold, with the threat of rain, so I’m going to update the Hutte early, then backup some photos.
Photographs : Top – A ‘cock sparra’... Middle – ‘taraxacum officinale’ and Bottom – Asters.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....