Beautiful, bright, sunny and warm morning ....

5th May 2017 (Friday)  .... 08.30    We have a brilliant morning .... ‘bright, sunny and warm... warm even with the wind being from the Northeast.    It is only a
Looking west from the Breakwater, Elie.
light breeze at present, but is forecast to increase later;   with the incoming tide.

I’ve been along for the paper... and a battery for my kitchen scales.... now all I have to do is have a coffee and get myself organised.

20.30     I did manage to get myself ‘suited and smartened up’, then went up to Elie to pick up Lexie, who wanted a ‘lift’.    Kinneuchar Kirk was packed for Geordie’s funeral... hardly any empty seats.    The Service, taken by a ‘lay preacher’, was excellent, with one hymn ... ‘Morning has broken’, and a poem , read out by the gentleman taking the Service.     Everyone then went to the graveside ceremony (in the local cemetery) in the warm sunshine.     Yes Geordie got a good ‘send off’ that’s for sure.

Chapel Green from The Terrace.
Funeral’s (and Weddings) are where people ‘catch up’ with each other;   sometimes after long gaps.    I was speaking to someone, who asked “is Neil here?”   That came as a bit of a surprise, as I thought I was talking to “Neil”;  .... Neil McCole.     I asked is “Graham here” to find that I was in fact talking to Graham!      As with other villages (and towns), many of the ‘Colinsburgh Boys’ have scattered around Fife:   and other corners, much further afield.   It was good to catch up with some of them;   I don’t know the last time I saw Stuart (Walker), and Graham his brother.    Jim (Wilson), who still lives in Colinsburgh, was there... I was in the pew in front of him, and ‘William T’, and they gave ‘Morning is Broken’ laldie!

Lexie and I didn’t stay for the tea and sandwiches .... the Kinneuchar Inn would have been packed to the eyeballs.     We went back to Elie by way of the  Balbuthie Loan road and I was back in Ivy by 11.30. and  in my ‘working togs’ by 11.35!    Not that I
Elie Harbour .... and a cruise ship.
intended doing any work... it’s just that I do not like wearing a suit, collar and tie.    My white shirt has been washed, in fact I washed three white shirts... the one I’d been wearing, and another two that were hanging in the wardrobe, which I thought might as well be ‘freshened up’.

Tomorrow’s weather is going to be more or less the same as today’s, cool for us with the wind continuing to come from the Northeast.

Photographs : Top – The beach from the Breakwater,  Middle : Chapel Green from The Terrace,  and Bottom – Elie Harbour... and a cruise ship ... from The Terrace.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....