Chapel Green explore .....

22nd May 2017 (Monday) .... 09.00    When I was out on the bike this
Chapel ruin from Chapel Ness.
morning it was pleasantly warm in the early sun .... it should be a really nice day later;   but there are heavy clouds towards the West...and  they could bring showers.    I went for a wander down among the rocks at Chapel Ness and found a braw place to have my morning coffee;   the ‘seating’  (a rock) is harder that I’d like, but the views are superb.    Must ‘go’ ... got things to do today;....  I’ll have another cuppa first!


20.00     We’ve had a nice day.... but we did have a short spell of rain;   a long shower I suppose would be another way to describe it.    Before lunch I had walk down to the seat in front of St Margaret’s, and was ... I suppose ‘falling apart’ would be about right.... browsing the beach activity.    I noticed the rain moving in over Largo Bay, and managed to get back home just as it started.     I had a cuppa, because by that time I had a ‘thundery’ headache.    I checked the Lightning Strike  site and discovered that t
Earlsferry from Chapel green.
here has been thunder storms on the Lammermuirs on the ‘Sooth Side’ of the Firth.... hence the headache.

After lunch Jimmy phoned to say that ‘The Galley’ (Lorraine’s Place) was ‘open’ so I biked down to find the Club room a hive of activity.    A school from Edinburgh is making use of the Elie Water Sports facilities for most of this week, and using the ‘club’ showers, ‘The Galley for and food.    It’s the busiest I’ve ever seen ‘the club’.    The harbour area was busy with holiday makers today... over and above the school pupils.    When I think of it, I’m sure that the weekend coming up is a Bank Holiday.   I’d better stock up with food etc.

My intention was to go out on the bike again this evening but there are heavy clouds
Earlsferry beach.
all around, and the thundery headache is still with me, so the bike has been put ‘to bed’;   I might walk down to the beach before I go to my bed.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘bright sunny and warmer’... though we might have showers later in the afternoon.    I’ll go up to Chapel Green again in the morning, to continue with exploring the rocks.    I’ve done this umpteen times but not carrying a camera.


Photographs : Top – The Chapel  remains from the Chapel Ness rocks,    Middle – Part of Earlsferry from the rocks, and Bottom – Earlsferry beach, just before the rain arrived.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....