Cloudy and warm ....

10th June 2021 (Thursday)      08.00 .... we have a grey morning but it is

Today's partial eclipse of the sun.

warm.... and the sun might burn off some of the cloud by lunchtime, so we could have a nice enough day ahead.   I’ve been for the paper(s), and had a quick run down to the harbour and can report that all is quiet and peaceful at Elie and Earlsferry (Royal Burgh of) this morning.  I am going to have breakfast, then go up to Chapel Green to have morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee;  by that time I’m hoping the sun has broken though the cloud.

13.30   I went to Chapel Green as per plan;  the ‘plan’ being to get a photo of the partial eclipse.... for that to happen I needed the cloud to thin;  just enough to act as a filter.    It began to look like this was never going to happen so I decided to go back to Ivy and have a cuppa in The Hutte;  still hoping for the cloud to thin.  Lo and behold;  I was in the middle of doing a Soduko when I noticed the light begin to brighten showing glimpses of the sun through the cloud.... exactly what I wanted.    It was a happy boy who  managed to get some reasonable photographs, of the moon taking a bite out of the sun.

The bike battery is being charged;  I hope to go out later in the afternoon.   I think I’ll have a cuppa out in The Hutte..... and have a look at a Soduko.

It was a good drying day.

19.00     I thought I’d fall asleep in The Hutte this afternoon .... that was the plan..... but I didn’t;   I finished a Soduko instead.   After the bike battery was fully charged I thought of going out, but decided that I’d leave it (the fully charged bike) until tomorrow, when I might go for a wee explore.   That depends on how windy it is;  and how frisky I feel. Tomorrow is going to be cloudier.... and breezier, than today, and slightly cooler.

This has been one of those days when I don’t seem to have done anything, but the day has just flown past;  I guess I should call it a ‘rest day’..... but I can’t even remember ‘resting’.

21.00    It’s a bonnie evening but there is a brisk breeze;  I actually thought about going


to the beach but thought it too cauld for my delicate constitution.   It’s not really cold .... only breezy: and it’s going to be breezy for the next few days.   It’s time for my bedtime mug of chocolate.... and a browse through the TV channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....