Sunny and warm ....

4th June 2021 (Friday)   05.30 ....I sussed out where all the traffic appeared


from, when I was in Elie yesterday morning;   the temporary traffic lights at Muircambus had  cleared and I just happened to be in Elie at the time the ‘held up' traffic arrived.    I hope that was the case.... ‘cos I wouldn’t like to think that Elie High Street was going to be as busy as that all day long this summer.

We have a lovely start to the day, sunny, warm and peaceful;  I will do a tour of the villages after my morning cuppa, I might even go through Elie Estate.

11.30    I have some sad news this morning:   Myra phoned to tell me that Jim (Myra’s husband and my pal) alias ‘Jimbo’ died last night.   Jim had been ill for a while, and I like to think that he is now ‘free’, and roaming his favourite hills again;  including the Cuillin ridge in Skye.   My thoughts and prayers are with Myra, Sandy, David, the ‘girls’, and the wider family at this sad time.

'Jim' -  Alan in the background.

 
Hmmm .... I did the ‘paper run’ but got so engrossed with taking photographs that I still have to go for the paper!   (I’ll do that after the bike battery is fully charged).    My word what a beautiful morning we have;  bright, sunny and warm ,with only a light breeze.... a perfect day for being ‘out and about’.   There was a lot going on so I have a lot of photographs to ‘play’ with.








13.30    Dearie me;   I went to Elie for the paper, and promptly ‘yielded to temptation’.... Carole’s ice cream shop was open so I had myself a double Salted Caramel tub:  it had to be a ‘double’ ‘cos Maggie would be watching and sharing!   That’s my excuse anyway!    Shona has the ice cream very well organised and it only takes minutes to be served.   There was a queue outside 'arbour 'ouse so all the shops are busy;  that's good to see after the lean time they had last summer.

17.00    As usual I have had a lazy afternoon;  that means I fell asleep in The Hutte.   I and woke up to find ‘Blob’ perched on my shoe;  which happened to be on my foot at the time.    I only feed him/her crumbled up Digestive biscuit.  That reminds me I’d better fill up the water dish.

21.30    It looks like we are in for a decent spell of warmer weather for the next few

days..... so let’s enjoy it.    I will get out on the bike, and probably do the same ‘paper run’ as I did this morning.... backwards;  taking the same number of photographs bas I did today.    If it’s warm I might have my ‘morrrrrrrrning coffee’ at Chapel Green;  I’ll get the coffee at ‘arbour ‘ouse.... and maybe even a goodie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....