Nice morrrrning but breezy ....

23rd June 2021 (Wednesday)   09.00 .... it’s cloudier and windier but not cold; 


a good morning for working.   I actually remembered to get the papers this morning before going to the harbour and Elie Estate:  all is good in both places.    I need to go up to Elie later in the morning so will get a morrrrrning coffee at ‘arbour ‘ouse;   I’ll take the car so that I can ‘ave the coffee in a parking spot overlooking Kinneuchar.  




12.30     I am going to have to get used to the villages being busy:  I went to the shops and they were all busy.   Harbour House had folk inside, and there was a queue outside Barnett’s;  I saw George disappear into the Chemist but by the time I got back there he had moved on.   In the end I decided to go back to Ivy, and have my own ‘morrrrrrrning coffee’ in The Hutte.... followed by a short siesta.     When I woke up I felt so full of energy that I grabbed the secateurs and cut the seed heads off some Pendulous Sedge.   The Pendulous Sedge first appeared in the garden a few years ago, and the only place I have seen it is around Balcarres Pond;  so I assume I brought some of the seeds home on my shoes.    It spreads almost as fast as the Alpine Strawberry plants, that Maggie bought (six plants) at Cupar Garden Centre; they are all over the garden.   The berries tiny but are tasty;  most of them end up inside the Blackbirds.   I might continue with the gardening after lunch;  then again it’s a good day for going ‘out to play’.


21.30    My main occupation in the afternoon was reading today’s newspapers (Scotsman and East Fife Mail).    The most interesting items were;  the site of the Leven to Thornton rail link station, which is going to be behind the swimming pool complex;  and ..... the new ‘green routes plan’ for walkers and cyclists.      The ‘Green Route Plan’? .... that would see the quieter ‘back roads’ given lower speed limits and  new signage to let you know that they are walking and cycling friendly routes.    I doubt if there will be many checks on speeding ....except after accidents:  Both items of news in the East Fife Mail.

Later in the afternoon I went up to Balcarres in the car and had a walk round another part of the Woodland Walk.   The Woodland walk can be any length you want to make it.... two or three miles if you wander up the den etc.   I have done the Den Walk from Robin Gray’s all the way to Lathallan Mill by way of the old footpaths, many of which are now overgrown by rhododendrons.   In fact some of them were overgrown then and I

The Balcarres Family Chapel.

clambered my way through them:  that was in 2012  the last time I did that walk;  the year after I had my knee replacement op.

We’ve just had a light shower:   it is warm and humid so a shower isn’t surprising.    It’s going to be warm and humid, with sunny spells tomorrow morning;  some showers developing in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....