Showery ....

24th June 2021 (Thursday)     10.30 .... The paper run had to be aborted before


I reached the harbour due to a shower of rain:  that said, it is a nice day, with long sunny spells.   Showers are due to bubble up in the afternoon.    I am going for a haircut so that will be my mission for today,.... it’s a good kind of day for haircuts.




19.00    Today was the first time I have been in Leven and acted, more or less, nearly ‘old normal’.    I took the car through the car wash (that was the best entertainment of the day by the way) then across the road to ‘The Cheap Shop’ to buy containers for freezing Cottage Pies etc.... before going to the ‘Woollies Car Park’, where I had the coffee and goodie, that I’d bought at ‘arbour ‘ouse.   I did a spot of shopping in the High Street, had another drop of coffee, before going to the Hairdresser.   By this time is was humid and hot;  I remember thinking, “ perfect migraine weather”.      The migraine started just as I got back home;  and that took care of the remainder of the afternoon ‘cos I took a couple of pills and fell fast asleep.


21.30    My word ... we have had a wet evening, and it looks like tomorrow could also have spells of light rain;  which is disappointing because I fancy going to Pettycur harbour in the morning.   That will all depend on how the weather is first thing in the morning... and the forecast for that Post Code isn’t promising.

I’ve had a busy, and enjoyable day (apart from the migraine):  I mentioned the Leven Car Wash earlier.    Today is the first time I have been through it for at least a year;  the set up is the same but the innards have been modernised since I was last through.    The best new bit is at the very end of the process, just after the drying bit.   I saw things dangling (see photograph) and wondered what they did;   well they are absolutely hilarious.   They turned out to be, soft fluffy things, that flop all over the car, presumably polishing the wax (I get the £10 wash which includes some kind of wax):  everything has been very macho and noisy till you reach those dangling things;  then they gently, and quietly, flop about all over the car,   surprisingly pleasant kind of things .... ‘lovable’ even.   I might be taking the car through the car wash more often.  

I’ll have an early night in bed, read a bit more of my book, and have a good night’s sleep

Dangly things in Leven car wash.

after a very satisfying day.    I hope it isn't hot and humid tomorrow again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....