Grey and damp ....

30th June 2021 (Wednesday)     07.00 .... I don’t think I have ever seen the Fife


Weather cam screens look so uniformly grey;  the only one that isn’t grey is the St Andrews Sky Cam and that’s because it is offline.   We have an overcast sky with only a breath of wind from the East;   the sun should burn off some of the cloud, to bring sunny spells by noon(ish), but right now it’s damp.   Mind you I imagine that the folk in the West of Canada would welcome some of our weather.... 50C is dangerously hot.

10.00    I’ve been for the paper on the bike, but, with occasional spells of Scotch Mist, which isn’t very pro camera, I only went round the villages;  however the Scotch Mist is no longer with us, and the sky is beginning to lighten, hopefully heralding a sunny afternoon.    Tomorrow looks like being the ‘good day’ this week.... that means it’s going to be a ‘drying day’ for washing.


23.00   It has been one of those balmy evenings.... so I had a wander down to the beach at sunset times;  and had a relaxing daunder along the edge of the tide, where I a lady walking her dog.   At first I thought she was throwing a ball into the water for the dog but no.... the dog just played its way along the beach in the water.   I don’t think I have ever seen a dog do that before.   It certainly enjoys the beach.

Heather and Ray came down so we caught up with each other’s ‘news’..... no ... correction;  they caught up with my news.   Ye Gods I couldn’t stop talking.   Right enough I hadn’t done much talking all day;  luckily Heather and Ray are good listeners.  I have a sair tongue.

The forecast is good for tomorrow so I am going to strip the double bed and wash the


linen;   I have to get the room sorted for Janice and Michael coming up at the end of July.   I also have Charlie coming to service the boiler on Friday .... so I am a busy boy.    I’ll take time out on the bike, first thing in the morning, then watch the Tour in the afternoon.... I’ll ‘work’ for the other two or three hours!

I guess I’d better get orf to bed;  this is late for me.... usually I’m in bed by 22.00 at the latest.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....