Sunny and warm ....

1st June 2021 (Tuesday)    09.30 .... we have another sunny and warm


morrrrrning, and I had a change of ‘paper run’;  I missed out the harbour and went to the lighthouse, then to Kinneuchar by way of Ardross and Balbuthie,  and finally down to Elie to get a paper.
 The roads are quiet at that time (06.00 – 07.30) and the light is good;  there was a light mist but no haar .... though that might come in later.





18.30    Iain had a quick trip down, and went away home to Auchnagatt with the ‘N’ gauge engines so that he could install modern ‘chips’ in them.   Most of the time he was working on his laptop.... and he let me see how to ‘forward’ e-mail messages.

I spent most of the day sorting out a few of the photos I took this morning.... and making cuppas, and catching up with ‘news’.   We admired the garden and I pulled a few weeds.   Someone, in some far distant land, could well be growing my ‘weeds’ as exotic plants.


We’ve had another bonnie day, and it has been warmer, but the onshore wind took a few degrees off the temperature in the afternoon.   I didn’t go anywhere in the afternoon;  so, the bike has a fully charged battery for tomorrow morning.   There’s no doubt about it, going out really early is the best time for me to be on the road;  I might actually have ago at St Monans tomorrow morning .... if it isn’t too windy or cold.    The weather forecast is for us to have another ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze (E), so much the same as today really.   If I do go to St Monans, the breeze will be on my back on the way home.

I am tired tonight but I should remember that I have an early start to my day; and should go to bed early as I didn’t have a catnap this afternoon.  

I see on the ‘News’ that Fife (along with most of Scotland) is going down to Level 1 restrictions next week:  I have yet to find out what that means but it has to be good ‘news’;  and figures show that the vaccine is doing its job.

20.30    The wind has freshened and it looks like the haar is starting to come in:  if that


does happen, I won’t be going to St Monans on the bike tomorrow morning.   In fact I might make tomorrow a ‘rest day’ if it’s going to be cold with haar.    Having said all that;  I’m having an early night tonight just in case it’s a  bonnie ‘early morning’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....