Breezy and cool ....

14th June 2021 (Monday)    09.00 .... I took the car along to the ‘paper shop’

'Pioneering Spirit' in Largo Bay.

and harbour this morning;  thought I’d better give its wheels a turn.    It’s a lovely morning, but there’s brisk breeze and a noticeable drop in temperature.   I might go somewhere in the car for a change of scenery later.   In the meantime it’s breakfast time.

14.00   After breakfast I decided to head for Dysart, but by the time I reached Leven it looked like there was a heavy shower along that way so I stopped at Leven, did a spot of shopping and came home.   It’s actually a bonnie day but there are heavy showers to the West of us.... and there’s a F5 wind blowin’ so no biking today.   The immediate plan is to do a Soduko in The Hutte.

21.00   When I woke up ... oops:   After doing a Soduko I had a cuppa then thought I’d go for a run along to Crail;  I like Crail harbour.   On the way I went to Pittenweem Braes to see the re –vamped bathing pool, forgetting it was high tide , so the pool was getting a change of water.     The next time I go it will be at low tide, and I’ll go down to the pool;  unless it busy.    I’ll go early in the morning when it’s a low tide.... probably next week, round about Summer Solstice time.

Crail.

As ever Crail harbour was sublime;  though the Hen’s Ladder, my access route to the harbour, is getting steeper.... and longer.    Well it feels like that anyway.   The whole of the East Neuk is full of cars.... even the place I park, on the street at the top of the Hen’s Ladder, had four cars on it..... that place is normally empty.   I met a lot of cars travelling on ‘the back road’, my normal way home from Crail;  ‘The Secret Bunker’ would be shut (is it ‘Open’ yet) so it wasn’t traffic from that attraction.   

I forgot that Scotland was playing football this afternoon;  but appears they missed a lot of chances and ended up being beaten 2 – 0 by the Czech Republic.    It’s back to the drawing board for their next match; which is against England, at Wembley, on Friday.   Mmmmmm .... I might watch that.

Tomorrow is not supposed to be as windy as it was today so I might get out on the bike

The Hen's Ladder - Crail.

after morrrrrning coffee.   I’m orf to make the bedtime chocolate;  my word the days pass quickly when you do Soduko’s!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....