Breezy and warm ....

3rd June 2021 (Thursday)      08.00     The sun is beginning to break through


the cloud layer, so it looks like we’re going to have another bonnie day, albeit windier, so probably not as warm as yesterday.   I will go for the paper later in the morrrrning, and ‘arbour ‘ouse for coffee:  I don’t have a ‘plan’  for today but do have a full battery on the bike.    Where I go will depend on how the weather turns out and how busy the roads are.    A heavy vehicle just went up Ferry Road, making noise that sounded like something I last heard on the heathland near Aldershot;  a tank.

18.30    I did not realise just how busy the main road through Elie was,....  until this morning.    I took the car to the shops as I wanted a few messages from the ‘paper shop’ and I had a prescription to uplift at the Davidson’s (Chemist).   I had no problem with the parking;  there was space at the kirk so ‘sooper buggy’ was moored up’ nae bother.   I decided to go to the baker first;  this meant crossing the main road.... ye Gods it was like trying to cross London Road in Uckfield at rush hour time.  (There are pedestrian crossings in Uckfield so crossing is accomplished safely).     I eventually made it across but by this time my asthma had fired


up;   I am allergic to traffic fumes, I know that, but normally there’s no problem locally;  having said my breathing problem has been worse for the past few months.   I eventually got the paper shop and chemist missions done and back to the car, where I had a puff of the reliever inhaler.   After a minute or two I set off to get my ‘morrrrning coffee’ at ‘arbour ‘ouse, but there was someone going in, so I decided it would have to be my own coffee this morning.   I won’t be going to the shops in the middle of the morning for a while.   

I met Dod when up in Elie and caught up with his ‘news’;  most of the time he has been busy with a bit of gardening at Mackie Housing.  

20.30    It’s a ‘different’ sky we have this evening.... and the wind is changing to the SSW tomorrow .... at the moment it looks like we could have rain, but there’s no mention of rain in our weather forecast.   Tomorrow is a ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ day... so much the same as today, with a change of wind direction.   I’ll go for the paper


on the bike first thing, the roads are quiet then.   I still can’t get over how busy the road was in Elie this morning:  I’m actually thinking of going to Pettycur next week sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....