Peaceful morning ....

8th June 2021 (Tuesday)    08.30 .... There’s a bit more cloud about, but it‘s a


beautiful, and peaceful, morning and the cloud should burn off later..   I took the car to the ‘paper shop’ this morning.... and came home by way of the harbour and Kinneuchar.

This is going to be a ‘rest morning’, sitting chatting to George, Alice and Isobel:  we’ll have a lot of catching up to do.




19.00    It’s a good job that George, Alice and Isobel are good listeners;   I couldn’t stop talking.    I eventually gave them a chance to cut in for a few minutes, and caught up with all their news.   Like me George needs a walking stick, but neither of the girls has changed, though they must be 10 years older.  It was good of Isobel to bring her Mum and Dad along so that we could catch up.... and catch up we did .... and have a good laugh at times.    Laughing is good.   This has made me feel like things are getting back to the ‘old normal’;  but I have a feeling, there could be a few hiccups along the way yet.

It has been a bonnie day, but I never went out on the bike:  I think yesterday’s efforts, and the East wind, caught me up this afternoon, so today has been a ‘rest day’.   I charged up the bike battery so should be able to go out tomorrow.   The kettle will have boiled so I’ll make a cuppa then browse the TV channels to see if I can find something to watch .... Poirot might be needing assistance.

George exiting Isobel's car.... with Alice beyond.

20.30    This has been an exciting day for me; it’s always good catching up with old friends.    George and I worked with Rolland Decorators in the early 60’s (I transferred from Edinburgh in 1963) before going to work on building sites in Fife for a number of years:  in ‘the ‘good old days’.  

Plan for tomorrow?    I do have a fully charged battery on the bike so I may go to Balcarres but it all depends on how windy it is and how busy the roads are.   I can always go somewhere in the car; it’s really about time I went further than Crail or Leven.    Of course it all depends on whether I feel fresh and frisky and in the mood for exploring.    Right now it’s time for chocolate, and another browse of the TV channels.

20.30    This has been an exciting day for me; it’s always good catching up with old friends.    George and I worked with Rolland Decorators in the early 60’s (I transferred from Edinburgh in 1963) before going to work on building sites in Fife for a number of years:  in ‘the ‘good old days’.  

Plan for tomorrow?    I do have a fully charged battery on the bike so I may go to

George, Alice and Isobel.

Balcarres but it all depends on how windy it is and how busy the roads are.   I can always go somewhere in the car; it’s really about time I went further than Crail or Leven.    Of course it all depends on whether I feel fresh and frisky and in the mood for exploring.    Right now it’s time for chocolate, and another browse of the TV channels.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....