Nice morrrrrrrrrrrrning ....

18th June 2021 (Friday)   08.30 .... It’s a lovely morning.... bright and sunny,

Ketch 'Good Dog'.

with a light north westerly breeze;  the breeze is going to veer easterly later so it will be cooler.    I slept in this morning;  didn’t get out of bed until 07.35;   however I feel lively so will go to Balcarres  for a potter around later.    In the meantime I think another cuppa wouldn’t go amiss.

22.30    It’s exciting being a Scotland supporter;  one game you’re doon in the dumps... next game you’re orbiting the Moon:  it’s a bit tricky on the auld nerves at times.... but my word it’s great being a Scot.    I missed the first 20 minutes of the first half;  but what I did see was entertaining and exciting.    Both teams had their chances so I guess a draw was a good result;  and it keeps the auld nerves tingling, ready for the next game.   I’m a happy boy.

I’ve had a good day:  I didn’t get up to Balcarres because I used too much battery gaddin’ aboot in the mornin’.... but I will go there on the next fine day.   It has been a good day today but cooler after the wind veered to the East.

Jennifer and James out for their morning walk.

I went to Elie in the middle of the morning to pick up my ‘new’ inhaler, .... and I remembered to get a paper before going to the harbour.   There was a lot going on at the harbour by this time.    James and Jennifer were there, as part of their morning walk, Mike was getting his RIB ready to take some folk on a trip to the cliffs, lighthouse etc and ‘ the ketch ‘Good Dog’ was at the buoy:  lots of photo opportunities in front of me.... and I had an empty card in the camera.    Happiness comes in many guises.

I did set off for Balcarres in the middle of the afternoon but the battery dropped to 3 bars at Kinneuchar so I left Kinneuchar by way of the Balbuthie Road and came back into Elie via Ardross;   stopping at the ‘Catchpenny Glamping Site’ road on the way;  by his time the wind had freshened and it was cauld on the lugs.   I was glad when I turned and headed West and had the wind on my back.   The wind is going to be from the East half of the compass for the next few days so, cooler and  from the direction I don’t like.

I think I shall make tomorrow a ‘rest day’ around Ivy;  might even do a spot of actual

Lupins - Geoff's garden.

gardening:  you know, cut things down and pull a few weeds..... nothing too strenuous.   Any biking will be around the villages;  but not at the busy times.   This has been brought on by seeing the lovely lupins in Geoff's garden!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....