Damp ....

20th June 2021 (Sunday)   06.30 .... when I first looked out (05.30) Ferry Road


was dry and it’s now wet....  and the sky is overcast so rain showers are around, though, according to ‘Willy Weather’ (and other weather forecasters), mostly towards the West of us.   I had intended biking up to Elie for the paper.... but I’ll leave biking until later:  Sunday papers are big anyway, and nae problem with the car.   I’m feeling energetic this morning;  pity aboot the weather.

08.30   I’ve been for the paper (and cherries) then down to the harbour where I had a wander among the boats.   It was eerily quiet, the only sound was the water flopping onto the sand;  even the gulls were silent.   I could see a couple of dog walkers out....one  at the Breakwater, and the other on the Ferry beach.  It was spitting rain on and off at that time;  but the sky is starting to look more promising now.   I should get out on the bike sometime today.



15.30   After ‘morrrning coffee’ I decided to go to the harbour again, this time on the bike.    What a difference a few hours make;  the harbour was busy:  I met Frances out with Pippa, Ronnie was there checking the Car Parking situation, and Anne came by when I was taking photograph from the Terrace.   So .... a busy day for my tongue.   Since then I have do a couple of Soduko’s in the Hutte.   Now I plan to have a cuppa, then cut something down in the garden.

    

21.30    We’ve had a light rain shower on and off for most of the evening;  if I had been working in the garden I would have had to stop.  Luckily I decided to work in the kitchen.... alongside the kettle.    Actually I made a batch of Cottage Pies.

I feel that my confidence is beginning to return at long last;   the pandemic, and the long


cold winter, made the last year and a half the strangest period of time I have ever been through.   I need to go to Pettycur, Kinghorn and Dysart harbours to feel ‘free’ again:  I hope they (‘my’ harbours) are still quiet places.   I wouldn’t like to find that even they have ‘changed’; change is ‘appening too fast for me.

‘Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast for us for tomorrow;  I might be able to work in the garden.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....