Bonnie morning....

29th June 2021 (Tuesday)   09.30 .... After a bonnie sunset last night we do


have a bonnie morning.... but there is a cool, frisky, easterly breeze, but really warm in sheltered from the breeze.    Unfortunately there’s haar lurking around and that will move in and out now and again;  it will be an interesting day for the camera.   I have been for the paper and down at the harbour (in the car), where I was lucky enough to catch ‘Whimbrel’ going out for a sail.   Actually ... there are two Whimbrels in the harbour this morning;  our local Drascombe Lugger and a visiting yacht.   I plan to out on the bike after morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.

16.30    I will have to get used to the roads being busier;  as they were when I went out on the bike about 10.00.   Not that I had any problems;   I find that most of the drivers around the villages are considerate .... though, sometimes it can be iffy on the main road,....  so I only use it where necessary.    I enjoyed a run up to the shops then home by way of the estate.    The haar had come in since I had been at the harbour earlier (08.00), but it was pleasantly warm.    We’re having a long sunny spell just now so I will go up to Chapel Green after this update, before settling down for the evening.


The Tour (Stage 4) was quiet today;  no accidents or anything.   It was a ‘sprinter Stage’ which means a breakaway (4 today) usually poodle off down the road, hoping to win.... and I want one of them to win:  but mostly they are caught.   The last member of the breakaway was caught today just 200 metres from the finish;  however it was Mark Cavendish who caught him, and won the Stage, so that was good.   On sprinter days it’s just a mad rush over the last few kilometres.    Tomorrow is a Time Trial.




The Geraint Thomas injury when he crashed yesterday has me thinking.  Geraint Thomas crashed and his shoulder was put out of joint, the Tour Doctor arrives on the scene and puts the shoulder back in; Geraint gets back on his bike, in pain, and slowly gets himself back in motion and sets off to catch up with the peloton.... and does;  then comes out the following day to tackle the next Stage.  Footballers on the other hand ....!  

21.00   I enjoyed my run up to Chapel Green;  it was breezy but not too cold.    A few

boats were out on the water and I was surprised to see the beach busy, considering the time .... it was 18.00.

Light cloud with sunny spells, and a gentle Easterly breeze is our weather for tomorrow;  much the same as today I imagine.   

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....